The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Not sure you understand what damage is being done.

You're just not patriotic enough. It's only foreigners across the table, and they don't like it up 'em.

---------- Post added 29-06-2017 at 19:57 ----------

Well stop doing it then.

I hope you've missed an apostrophe there.

Queen Speech has passed (unamended) by a parliamentary majority of 14.

2 Labour challenges were defeated, and the 3rd was withdrawn

The government changed the policy on Northern Irish women paying for having abortions in the rest of the UK to head off a backbench rebellion which was going to support Stella Creasy's amendment. So the 3rd was withdrawn after the government implemented the amendment anyway without it needing to be included in the Queen's Speech.

Three Labour front benches have been sacked & one has resigned. They voted to remain in the single market.

So are you telling me it's Labour's official position that we're leaving the European Union and the single market? :hihi:

Nice thought, but it's reliant on people thinking things through and accepting reality. In other words applying commonsense, which as you know is an oxymoron.

I'm pinning my hope on Will Rogers belief.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=will+rogers+if+stupidity+got+us+into+this+mess&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjiwo60n-XUAhUBK8AKHRk5BsEQsAQIOA&biw=1440&bih=722

I can't see us staying in the EU but a transitional arrangement makes sense and I can see May u-turning away from the hard Brexit option.

Make no mistake the battle is raging again within the Tory party, and the extreme Brexit agenda is being aggressively pushed. If anybody saw QT last night you could see the button pushing and dog whistles from Fox and Ferrari in full action. They had some members of the audience on both sides in a very shouty state of agitation by the end.