The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

What is the pretence I should drop ?

That you voted for remain, but are accepting to now go full-fat Brexit.

(if need be, by way of reference, see The Consequences of Brexit [part 3], post 3093 onwards).

Feel free to try and continue to fool others. But your fable just does not wash here.

That you voted for remain, but are accepting to now go full-fat Brexit.

(if need be, by way of reference, see The Consequences of Brexit [part 3], post 3093 onwards).

Feel free to try and continue to fool others. But your fable just does not wash here.

I did indeed vote to remain. But what I can't understand is the argument that we can somehow remain in certain parts of the EU.

Ah, the faultering economy that was predicted as a consequence of Brexit is, indeed, beginning to take shape. A growth of 0,2% against an inflation of 2,9% means an actual decrease of the economy, purely being propped up by a cheaper pound.

The UK is now performing worse than all other EU countries (including Greece).

When David Davis gets his way and raises tarriffs all around and puts up barriers against open trade May may get her wish of low migration, the economy will be in such an omnishambles that there is no reason to come and work here, in fact, many will leave as a result.

Huzzah! HUZZAH! The masterplan worked! We cut of our own nose to spite the face! HUZZAH! We showed them how we do things here!

Edited by tzijlstra

I'm not sure what value our last few comments had? Did you have any insight as to why Labour seems to have changed it's policy or were you just trying to test me? :confused:

Not a lot of value, sorry. I did not know the answer and hoped you would find it, but your answer was sufficiently ambiguous to move me to check.

At least we know now.

---------- Post added 30-06-2017 at 15:20 ----------

Billy Bragg has a theory.

I did indeed vote to remain. But what I can't understand is the argument that we can somehow remain in certain parts of the EU.
Can I make a constructive suggestion? Since it's not the first time you've asked?

Start with EU Referendum - How will you vote?.

Move onto The Consequences of Brexit.

Follow with The Consequences of Brexit (part 2).

And then The Consequences of Brexit (part 3).

(I've left many out as inessential, notwithstanding their highly interesting content)

You should understand by then :)

Edited by L00b

Can I make a constructive suggestion? Since it's not the first time you've asked?

Start with EU Referendum - How will you vote?.

Move onto The Consequences of Brexit.

Follow with The Consequences of Brexit (part 2).

And then The Consequences of Brexit (part 3).

(I've left many out as inessential, notwithstanding their highly interesting content)[/size

You should understand by then :)

I can't see what your getting at with these threads. All I've said is the country voted to leave the EU not part of it.

I can't see what your getting at with these threads. All I've said is the country voted to leave the EU not part of it.

No it didn't, it voted to leave the EU. Never was it specified what that exactly meant. What you are saying is a bit like saying - I wanted to move, so I burnt the house down.

No it didn't, it voted to leave the EU. Never was it specified what that exactly meant. What you are saying is a bit like saying - I wanted to move, so I burnt the house down.

And if the flames had spread would have happily sat watching while supping a can of Stella while the neighbouring 27 houses burned down too

No it didn't, it voted to leave the EU. Never was it specified what that exactly meant.

I think the clue to that is in its definition;

Leave. depart from, go away from, go from, withdraw from, retire from, take oneself off from, exit from, take one's leave of, pull out of, quit, be gone from, decamp from, disappear from, abandon, vacate, absent oneself from, evacuate

You also stated this earlier: "in fact, many will leave as a result."

Does that now mean they will leave, partly leave or is it a Schrodinger thing in that they may leave and stay at the same time.

Edited by apelike

Don't be silly. Both sides said if we vote to leave it meant leaving the EU not bits of it. Even tho I voted to stay I exempt this is going to happen now.