The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

---------- Post added 10-11-2017 at 18:50 ----------

Exactly - by my count that's 1:1

Surely its best out of 3 :)

No, that's only for idiots who cant understand how it goes.

Or are you scared?

That's a stupid remark, why the heck should I be scared? I have always maintained that if the referendum was to remain then I would have gone with the decision. The people who want to remain are the ones that are scared of Brexit, hence their determination to try and stop it.

No.. and no.

There is an opt out but that is one that is taken by the employee not the employer.

That's why I said "in effect meant".

So Mr Smith, you want to work for this company. Would you be willing to opt out of the working time directive?

or

We have too many employees and need to make someone redundant. All Mr Smith's colleagues have opted out of the working time directive but he hasn't. Who do you think we should let go?

What effect do you think the two above scenarios would have on someone's decision whether to take advantage of the opt out?

I know we are . Ive wasted nothing . Im being polite here , but why /how does this affect you?

It means that the EU and its people being used as a scapegoat for all that is wrong in the UK is finished,that includes me,and my family.Time has come to blame yourselves,apparently,the EU is holding you back,but you still can't get through the door to leave even when it's been open for a year and a half,hows that for starters?

It means that the EU and its people being used as a scapegoat for all that is wrong in the UK is finished,that includes me,and my family.Time has come to blame yourselves,apparently,the EU is holding you back,but you still can't get through the door to leave even when it's been open for a year and a half,hows that for starters?

that's fair enough but no need for the anger . Most people knew it would take time . Time , it must be said that is being wasted by Both sides

Yes but you didn't acknowledge that the vote to leave was also validated by the voting public did you?

I didn't say it wasn't either, I said it was the *real* Deception Day, unlike Car Boots claim for the earlier referendum, the benefits of which have been well documented. No one was deceived at the time, and joining delivered many benefits.

In light of the many promises made by the leave campaign, most of which are looking decidedly ropey already, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the latest referendum better qualifies for that title.

You seem to have conveniently sidestepped that bit. ;)

I haven't sidestepped anything, I haven't stopped or failed to reply to any post that is a response to something I've posted (to my knowledge)... can you say the same?

:huh: Now you will need to point me to where I claimed I cant remember the promises cos as far as I know I said no such thing.. Getting mixed up again are we?

Oh, yes, you claimed Brexit being a success was never mentioned, despite the many promises which rely on it being a success... my mistake :P

When I mentioned the promises that clearly show success was promised by the vote leave campaign, you went a bit quiet.... I assumed you didn't see it, but since you bring it up.... a convenient sidestep?

Edited by Magilla

You're going out of the EU,2 weeks to sort yourselves out,you've already wasted a year and a half.

We have 2 years to formally leave the EU, the remainers and EU citizens who want to leave the UK need to get a move on as we brexiters will be staying here in the UK.

The remainers seem to be getting more bitter and angry as each day passes! :hihi:

We have 2 years to formally leave the EU, the remainers and EU citizens who want to leave the UK need to get a move on as we brexiters will be staying here in the UK.

The remainers seem to be getting more bitter and angry as each day passes! :hihi:

If you were in a bus and heading for a cliff, and you kept telling the bus drivers to "watch out , you're heading for a cliff" but the bus driver kept on ignoring you and despite the rest of the bus saying to the bus driver "let someone else drive" but them ignoring everyone - wouldn't you be getting annoyed or angry?

If you were in a bus and heading for a cliff, and you kept telling the bus drivers to "watch out , you're heading for a cliff" but the bus driver kept on ignoring you and despite the rest of the bus saying to the bus driver "let someone else drive" but them ignoring everyone - wouldn't you be getting annoyed or angry?

Not if you fantasised you were on an indestructible bus with magical powers of flight.