The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Which is patently ridiculous, of course people voted for it to be a success, they voted based on the promises of the leave campaign.

Lol, you guys really are getting desperate :hihi:

How many of the promises that the leave campaign made can be realised if Brexit is not a success?

The benchmark for success for many Brexiters is to crash out of the talks, crash out of the EU and just deal with issues later. That is the plan.

Nice video, falls short though as there is no footage of the crops "said" to be rotting in the fields, and if it was true then there would be. The Farmers Union has also stated the same but has also failed to provide any evidence. Come on now it cant be that difficult to film it unless its not rotting in the fields.

Notice also that this is also from research commissioned by the Council who were very pro Remain, and will lose out financially. Funny thing the farmers in Cornwall voted by 56% to leave and yet are not complaining

Nice video, falls short though as there is no footage of the crops "said" to be rotting in the fields, and if it was true then there would be. The Farmers Union has also stated the same but has also failed to provide any evidence. Come on now it cant be that difficult to film it unless its not rotting in the fields.

Notice also that this is also from research commissioned by the Council who were very pro Remain, and will lose out financially. Funny thing the farmers in Cornwall voted by 56% to leave and yet are not complaining

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/local-news/worried-cornwall-asks-government-help-762795

You are getting desperate. These news items are going to be appearing daily. Get ready.

Edited by I1L2T3

Which is patently ridiculous, of course people voted for it to be a success, they voted based on the promises of the leave campaign.

Sorry to burst that bubble and be pedantic but they didnt vote for it to be a success. They may have been persuaded by campaign promises but never once was there a promise for it to be a success on any referendum paper or campaign.

Well, actually I'm not pretty certain, I'm absolutely certain. The list of promises isn't hard to find.

Again you are changing the context to make out that promises are the same as voting for it to be a success.

Lol, you guys really are getting desperate :hihi:

No its the remainers that are getting desperate because they are running out of time and are desperate to stop Brexit.

How many of the promises that the leave campaign made can be realised if Brexit is not a success?

Leave having a majority vote is the success and so is leaving the EU whatever flavour Brexit that may be.

I didn't say it wasn't either, I said it was the *real* Deception Day, unlike Car Boots claim for the earlier referendum, the benefits of which have been well documented. No one was deceived at the time, and joining delivered many benefits.

In March 1975, three months before the vote, minutes taken during a British government cabinet meeting reveal that Harold Wilson, the Labour Prime Minister, was urged by his ministers to inform the British people that continued membership of the EEC would seriously compromise Britain’s ability to govern itself.

Staying in meant "a gross infringement of sovereignty” and a “serious attack on Parliamentary democracy". A "dismemberment of the authority of the House of Commons”.

But the Government’s official pamphlet explaining the referendum instead assured voters that the “essence of sovereignty” would be protected by staying in.

It was a deception. A deliberate lie by the establishment. The British people were not given a fair and informed choice in 1975.

:thumbsup: First thing I thought when I looked at the link . Again lots of fearmongering but no proof . Show me the proof and I might believe it

Sorry to burst that bubble and be pedantic but they didnt vote for it to be a success. They may have been persuaded by campaign promises but never once was there a promise for it to be a success on any referendum paper or campaign.

Those who voted for brexit because they were fed up with the government's austerity programme didn't do so with the expectation that they would be worse off afterwards. If they are not financially better off after brexit they won't consider it a success and it's those who promoted leaving who they will hold responsible.

They knew a small majority would vote to leave so they held a referendum.

The government always believed that a referendum would result in a majority vote to remain.

Downing Street privately briefed a 57 per cent vote share to Remain in the hours after the 2016 polls closed, which leaked out and resulted in much jubilation and partying among the Remain supporters. This led to Nigel Farage stating that Leave had probably lost. "Remain will edge it".

But as more and more results came in, the partying by the Remainers turned to weeping...