The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

What type of car did they buy and how much did it cost. And have you got a photo or a video of it. I won’t believe it until I see a photo or video of it :hihi:

Edit: quick bit of google research. New VW Golf = 70,000 lei in Romania

70,000 lei = £13,000

Conclusion: you’re busted for talking crap and making stuff up

£7.50 x 40 hours per week x 6 weeks = £1800. (From which living expenses will have to be deducted but lets ignore that.)

Even if we assume Car Boot associates with filthy worker exploiting capitalists and they work 80 hours per week that's still only £3600.

Given EU free trade regulations, some enterprising person would import right hand drive versions of such cheap cars from Romania and have plenty of opportunity to make plenty of profit whilst still undercutting other cars by a considerable margin. Yet nobody does.

Car Boot's claim does indeed fail to live up to scrutiny.

The Brexit envisioned by Fox and friends is a precursor to reducing employment rights and wage controls.

You don’t understand that they don’t want the same change you want.

You’ll only understand it when it’s too late and we’re screwed.

I thought we already had reduced rights. Charging fees for employment tribunals was declared unlawful by our courts this week, they cannot reduce workers rights much further.

Most Tory MPs did not want to leave the EU, that was down to UK workers.

I thought we already had reduced rights. Charging fees for employment tribunals was declared unlawful by our courts this week, they cannot reduce workers rights much further.

Most Tory MPs did not want to leave the EU, that was down to UK workers.

Of course they can. They will too. We're competing with china and India now remember. How many holidays are you entitled to over there?

It is that you don’t want to believe because it’s very inconvenient to you.

I will believe it when I see the evidence which in this case is lacking. Any sane reporter would have jumped on the opportunity to have a photo of "said" rotting crops in a field as it would have been distributed widely.

Note that the report did not just cover agriculture but the care and service sectors as well.

You mean the second link you posted after the first about crops "said" to be rotting in the fields which was what I replied to. Now as that first link failed you you are changing subject from rotting crops to the service sector.. well done..

I will believe it when I see the evidence which in this case is lacking. Any sane reporter would have jumped on the opportunity to have a photo of "said" rotting crops in a field as it would have been distributed widely.

You mean the second link you posted after the first about crops "said" to be rotting in the fields which was what I replied to. Now as that first link failed you you are changing subject from rotting crops to the service sector.. well done..

I can’t make you believe the report because of your bias, but trust me reality is coming straight at Brexiters like a freight train. You will have to accept it eventually.

The second link from the Plymouth paper was about the same report, and expanded on the other sectors the report covered. Same report. Same subject. I was just turning the screw a little bit. More of that to come ;)

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 02:42 ----------

For someone who does a lot of whining about so-called "sidestepping", you sure are having to do a lot of it.

No not sidestepping just asking for proof to back up your claim that it was promised that Brexit would be a success and so far you have not delivered. Promises may have been made but not the above and just like in an election manifesto they dont have to be delivered and can be changed.

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 14:11 ----------

I can’t make you believe the report because of your bias,

I am not biased as I will believe it when it is backed up by evidence and in this case there is none. The task is simple, produce some corroborating evidence and I will then think differently.

but trust me reality is coming straight at Brexiters like a freight train. You will have to accept it eventually.

Crystal ball gazing again, in any case I will accept whatever happens regarding Brexit when it finally happens.:)

No not sidestepping just asking for proof to back up your claim that it was promised that Brexit would be a success and so far you have not delivered. Promises may have been made but not the above and just like in an election manifesto they dont have to be delivered and can be changed.

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 14:11 ----------

I am not biased as I will believe it when it is backed up by evidence and in this case there is none. The task is simple, produce some corroborating evidence and I will then think differently.

Crystal ball gazing again, in any case I will accept whatever happens regarding Brexit when it finally happens.:)

I suggest you contact Cornwall Council and ask them to include pictures in their reports for the hard of understanding.

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/council-news-room/media-releases/news-from-2017/news-from-november-2017/council-calls-for-fair-changes-to-uk-immigration-policy-after-brexit/

And I’m not crystal ball gazing. Don’t you get it - all the warnings are coming true.

Sheffieldforum doesn’t need another comical Ali-type character in rank denial of facts. You’re not far off ;)

Must add more popcorn to my shopping lists.

I can’t make you believe the report because of your bias, but trust me reality is coming straight at Brexiters like a freight train. You will have to accept it eventually.

The second link from the Plymouth paper was about the same report, and expanded on the other sectors the report covered. Same report. Same subject. I was just turning the screw a little bit. More of that to come ;)

Only two reasons for food rotting in the fields, nobody wants it or the wages are rubbish.

Yeah, because the EU is always starting wars, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria.....no wait its AMERICA that's always starting wars that we - often inexplicably - choose to join in.

There is no reason for the EU to have a military arm unless it intends to use it, and to use it it is going to have to find things for it to do that aren't being done at the moment. Soon it can start it's own wars, or maybe ajust indulge in spot of "independent peacekeeping" in Catalonia, the Basque region, perhaps the Greek islands, or, just wait for it, in Northern Ireland.

The world could do with one fewer army, not one more. If we look at the EU and how it operates, do we really think that it is the type of organisation that should be allowed to extend itself militarily. I don't think so and I would be worried the sanity of anyone who thinks that there is a genuine argument for the EU to have a military force.

Large military forces in Europe have never, ever EVER had a good ending for ordinary people.