The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

hope not, play hardball, too much-placating nice talk, from last press I saw Barnier, played is hand and we should call it. Perhaps then the real player will come out and speak.

Just wait 2 weeks then,it's that simple.

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 21:43 ----------

All that first paragraph says is that Barnier is getting shirty and giving out threats , threatening when trying to negotiate puts him on the back foot . Second paragraph really says nothing new

What do you think will happen now that Barnier is on the back foot?

Have Gove and Johnson complained before that the UK Brexit strategy lacked energy?

Also,there is something new on what Gove has said previously.In the leaked letter,he has put a time limit on thetransition period,whereas in this speech,he refused to put a time limit on it:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/21/michael-gove-says-cabinet-is-united-on-brexit-transition-period

“I think that when it comes to an implementation period, it should be driven by a pragmatic judgment, a shared pragmatic judgment, about what we need in the best interests of our economy and guaranteeing a smooth exit from the European Union, in line with the result that the British people voted for just over a year ago,” he said.

He refused to put a figure on the number of years a transition period could last. “Pragmatism is the watchword,” he said. “The judgment we need to make is what is in the interests of our economy consistent with recognising the instruction the British people gave us last June.”

Edited by chalga

Just wait 2 weeks then,it's that simple.

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 21:43 ----------

What do you think will happen now that Barnier is on the back foot?

Have Gove and Johnson complained before that the UK Brexit strategy lacked energy?

Also,there is something new on what Gove has said previously.In the leaked letter,he has put a time limit on thetransition period,whereas in this speech,he refused to put a time limit on it:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/21/michael-gove-says-cabinet-is-united-on-brexit-transition-period

“I think that when it comes to an implementation period, it should be driven by a pragmatic judgment, a shared pragmatic judgment, about what we need in the best interests of our economy and guaranteeing a smooth exit from the European Union, in line with the result that the British people voted for just over a year ago,” he said.

He refused to put a figure on the number of years a transition period could last. “Pragmatism is the watchword,” he said. “The judgment we need to make is what is in the interests of our economy consistent with recognising the instruction the British people gave us last June.”

the less of a transition the better put the pressure on them, we will never get out or turn into a Norway if we have any or a prolonged transition.

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 22:16 ----------

or there is no one available to do the work

no grower would grow a crop for which there is no market.

wages for this sort of work are generally quite low,

an increase in wages might encourage more to take such a job. but that will increase the price of the produce.

when did food last rot in the fields? did it do that pre-fee movement?

Edited by phil752

Well I could but they wont as they obviously have no picture to show that food is left rotting in the fields. Unfortunately the gullible will believe anything

without proof regarding Brexit.

Must add more popcorn to my shopping lists.

Can you afford it as it must have risen dramatically since the referendum, in any case its not very good for the teeth. :)

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 22:24 ----------

And look.... you did it again ;) LOL Your entire premise is one huge sidestep.

No its you that are sidestepping by not answering the question, so I will ask it again; Provide evidence that it was promised pre-referendum that Brexit would be a success and also who said it.:)

There is not food rotting in the fields otherwise the media would have a field day by posting photos or videos of it, and they cant its that simple.

Soggy winter could push up the price of veg: Weather has left leafy crops rotting and ruined carrots and parsnips

18 months ago the cause of crops rotting in the fields was our weather; the press will blame it on anything, for a good story.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3405758/Soggy-winter-push-price-veg-Weather-left-leafy-crops-rotting-ruined-carrots-parsnips.html#ixzz4yG7Gyhs7

There is not food rotting in the fields otherwise the media would have a field day by posting photos or videos of it, and they cant its that simple.

Your denial of this is weakly based. All you have is the demand for a picture or a video.

Until then you consider the report lies?

an increase in wages might encourage more to take such a job. but that will increase the price of the produce.

Not necessarily as the minimum wage already applies and when that was first introduced it was predicted that prices would increase, but they didnt.

Your denial of this is weakly based. All you have is the demand for a picture or a video.

Its not hard is it ? Some of the press would jump at the chance to show evidence of this ,to kick the brexiters . But still, nothing . And you believe it

I have already made my point clear and so have others on here. Its very simple to work out, if it was rotting in the fields then that would be a great photo opportunity for the press, and as none has been put forward the report is very suspect.

I didn't mention the report was a lie did I? I said I will believe it when I see some evidence and so far none has materialised. :)