The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I think the clue to that is in its definition;

Leave. depart from, go away from, go from, withdraw from, retire from, take oneself off from, exit from, take one's leave of, pull out of, quit, be gone from, decamp from, disappear from, abandon, vacate, absent oneself from, evacuate

You also stated this earlier: "in fact, many will leave as a result."

Does that now mean they will leave, partly leave or is it a Schrodinger thing in that they may leave and stay at the same time.

We aren't talking about a train leaving a station, we are talking about a country untangling itself from decades of intertwined history and collaboration. I don't quite get why Brexiteers keep thinking that this is simple, it isn't, it was never going to be and it will result in a lot of difficult decisions all over, for everybody involved.

That includes those of whom I said many will leave. In fact, many have already left.

A nation is a social construct, an agreement between people on what it means and how it operates.

And what do you believe my position to be rightly or wrongly?

Your position, as clearly stated:

I don't think people are stupid...

You're wrong, by the way. I agree with Einstein on this one.

---------- Post added 30-06-2017 at 22:28 ----------

I don't quite get why Brexiteers keep thinking that this is simple...

Of course it is simple: just like taking an egg out of an omelette.

Simple is not the same as easy.

I don't quite get why Brexiteers keep thinking that this is simple, it isn't, it was never going to be and it will result in a lot of difficult decisions all over, for everybody involved.

I don't get why you think Brexiters think it is easy when almost everyone of them realise it not. I also know it is not an easy task but its one that can ultimately be achieved.

That includes those of whom I said many will leave. In fact, many have already left.

That is their choice and shows up well that it is money that is their driving ambition. If their ambition is to be part of the EU then it is right that they leave, but they also may have the choice to stay.

A nation is a social construct, an agreement between people on what it means and how it operates.

The very fact is.. this nation chose to leave the EU via a referendum and the majority agreement of the people. Those people were asked if they wanted to stay or leave and they chose to leave, end of.

The very fact is.. this nation chose to leave the EU via a referendum and the majority agreement of the people. Those people were asked if they wanted to stay or leave and they chose to leave, end of.

Would you mind explaining precisely what end of means?

What exactly do you want the country to do?

Leave without any agreement as to how we will proceed from that day on?

Abrogate all responsibilities for contracts we have signed and agreed to over the past 44 years?

Refuse to honour agreements we made with our fellow members whilst still part of the EU?

Abandon the market which buys 44% of our total exports without agreeing to terms and conditions of future trade?

What do you want?

What does end of mean in real terms?

Explain, we are all agog.

Guest sibon

I'm getting more and more irritated by this argument. The leave vote won, by a slender margin. Almost half of those who voted wished to stay in the EU (and most of them were in the economically productive parts of the country, as an aside). The Brexit talks don't seem to be taking this into account at all. Hard Brexit isn't the will of the people. In fact, I'm not sure that Brexit is, now that we've slain the £350 000 0000 bus dragon.

We need to press the reset button and pretend that the last year didn't happen.

I'm getting more and more irritated by this argument. The leave vote won, by a slender margin. Almost half of those who voted wished to stay in the EU (and most of them were in the economically productive parts of the country, as an aside). The Brexit talks don't seem to be taking this into account at all. Hard Brexit isn't the will of the people. In fact, I'm not sure that Brexit is, now that we've slain the £350 000 0000 bus dragon.

We need to press the reset button and pretend that the last year didn't happen.

yes , lets keep on voting , until we get the result that suits you

The leave vote won, by a slender margin. Almost half of those who voted wished to stay in the EU (and most of them were in the economically productive parts of the country, as an aside). The Brexit talks don't seem to be taking this into account at all.

You're confusing the referendum with the general election.

The 48% 'remain' does not buy seats or representation.

Guest sibon
You're confusing the referendum with the general election.

The 48% 'remain' does not buy seats or representation.

How do you know what I'm "confusing"?

Given your track record of barking up the wrong tree, I respectfully suggest that you concentrate on reading other people's posts more carefully before replying.

Now, you can get back to trying to justify this car crash of a process.