The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Curious how the British press reports today's meeting with May as - German car-makers are worried. Whereas Dutch and German press report it as - UK Prime Minister May is a target (FAZ.DE) with the opening sentence - May invited business partners to Downing Street, but the business partners didn't share her agenda.

It is pretty obvious that the Tory-Press/'balanced reporting' in this country is beginning to become a propaganda machine for Brexit where not one single self-respecting non-British news-agency shares the view espoused here.

But why put the non voters in your calculations ?

Because it is a fact, and I do correct myself - just over 1/3rd of the electorate (not population as I said in error) voted to leave and it is these people who apelike thinks would be enraged - non voters are still part of the electorate. </pedant>

I'd just like to list a consequence of Brexit - the EU has signed an agreement to form an EU army. It is based on cooperation and R&D, meaning the EU can tell Trump it doesn't want to go into Afghanistan, North Korea or somewhere else.

The reason it managed to do it - the 23 who signed up for it managed to ignore the UK bleating in the margins due to Brexit. Thanks Brexiteers, world-peace got a step closer.

I'd just like to list a consequence of Brexit - the EU has signed an agreement to form an EU army. It is based on cooperation and R&D, meaning the EU can tell Trump it doesn't want to go into Afghanistan, North Korea or somewhere else.

The reason it managed to do it - the 23 who signed up for it managed to ignore the UK bleating in the margins due to Brexit. Thanks Brexiteers, world-peace got a step closer.

If it happens it will be a long way off because of the costs associated and the EU are desperate to save money. Where do you think an EU army will get its armaments from?

As for world peace getting a step closer.. You must be bonkers to think that an EU army will help to achieve that as this is about domination.

Edited by apelike

Because it is a fact, and I do correct myself - just over 1/3rd of the electorate (not population as I said in error) voted to leave and it is these people who apelike thinks would be enraged - non voters are still part of the electorate. </pedant>

What makes you think that some of the non voters wouldn't be enraged ?

---------- Post added 13-11-2017 at 21:38 ----------

Any nation can already pick which wars they get involved with :huh:

Any nation can already pick which wars they get involved with :huh:

You are right. Now go and claim glory in Afghanistan for the UK.

---------- Post added 13-11-2017 at 21:51 ----------

If it happens it will be a long way off because of the costs associated and the EU are desperate to save money. Where do you think an EU army will get its armaments from?

As for world peace getting a step closer.. You must be bonkers to think that an EU army will help to achieve that as this is about domination.

Dominating European dynamics, yes, imperialism is the prerogative of the Brits it seems.

Just for balance, several EU countries also did not sign up to the agreement: Denmark, Malta, Portugal, Ireland with Poland only signing at the last minute.

So it looks like the 23 just ignored several other countries too

Edited by Delayed

You are right. Now go and claim glory in Afghanistan for the UK.

---------- Post added 13-11-2017 at 21:51 ----------

Dominating European dynamics, yes, imperialism is the prerogative of the Brits it seems.

Why be rude ? and Why post something about an EU army that any nations army already have the right to do ?