The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

What do you think makes a country, here's a clue, it's people,
Yes, all of them, and I've certainly not knocked all of them (but feel free to try and prove otherwise; with links/quotes, remember?)

Who I've continually knocked, and I make less than zero apologies for, is the fraction amongst the 52% and their billionaire/political masters who believe in a no deal UK outside the customs union.

So, is it your argument therefore, that this fraction of the 52% 'make the UK'?

Or is it the case that this fraction of the 52% 'make' one kind of a UK, the "nativist, xenophobic, Brexited with no deal" version?

For any right-thinking person with a moral and social conscience, British and not, that version is worth arguing against every second of every day.

the sooner you go back to your failing one the better.
I'm not going back to France (which, as regards 'failing', is currently growing faster than the UK).

Have you had enough yet?

---------- Post added 14-11-2017 at 09:04 ----------

That excludes the ones already left. The NHS is quickly becoming one of the biggest losers in all this.
I seem to remember that, for Leavers, this is a "price worth paying"? Edited by L00b

Chances are the government will recognise the reduction in NHS EU staff and relax the visa requirements for non EU nationals at some point in the future.
You just want to hope that your new Zimbabwean GP is as well trained, qualified and up-to-date on his CPD, as your ex-Spanish GP.

Which that Zimbabwean GP may well be, don't get me wrong: mine is only a comment reflecting the fact that this is the chance effectively taken with that option.

Because with what the NHS is currently paying and offering in terms of working conditions, you're not going to get Kiwis, Ozzies or Canadians: too much demand there, and that's where EU and UK doctors and nurses are emigrating to in droves.

You just want to hope that your new Zimbabwean GP is as well trained, qualified and up-to-date on his CPD, as your ex-Spanish GP.

Which that Zimbabwean GP may well be, don't get me wrong: mine is only a comment reflecting the fact that this is the chance effectively taken with that option.

Because with what the NHS is currently paying and offering in terms of working conditions, you're not going to get Kiwis, Ozzies or Canadians: too much demand there, and that's where EU and UK doctors and nurses are emigrating to in droves.[/quote

I don't need to hope. I recognise that there are skilled doctors from all over the world not just Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada, Australia.

I'm not sure why you only focused on those countries?

From which nations do you think a vacancy in the NHS would be attractive?

India, Pakistan, Nigeria I know are the big 3 non-EU nationals working in the NHS at the moment. So I would imagine it's business as usual for them, if not more of an impetus if there are more vacancies.