The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

You're confusing the referendum with the general election.

The 48% 'remain' does not buy seats or representation.

Perhaps the dishonest sore losers think that we should remain 48% in the EU. Pay just 48% of the EU contributions we currently pay and allow just 48% of EU people to come and live here. However, any honest person accepts that in a referendum when there are only two choices, the choice which attracts the most votes is 100% carried out.

Guest sibon
Perhaps the dishonest sore losers think that we should remain 48% in the EU. Pay just 48% of the EU contributions we currently pay and allow just 48% of EU people to come and live here. .

I'm pleased to see you acknowledging that the outcome of the referendum isn't binary. There are many ways to exit the EU and any honest person would look at the closeness of the result and choose a way that took that into account.

Simply shouting ya boo sucks might work for Boris. I expect a little more from the serious politicians as they are the ones who have to steer us through the impending crisis.

Simply shouting ya boo sucks might work for Boris. I expect a little more from the serious politicians as they are the ones who have to steer us through the impending crisis.

These serious politicians of whom you speak, could you be more specific?

One of the main worries that I have about the situation is that I don't have any real faith in any of the main actors that we currently have representing our interests.

May has been exposed as lacking any substance whatsoever and is as panic prone as corporal Jones.

Allowing the DUP to run rings around her by committing her party to an agreement with them before an agreement was reached was an astonishing act of incompetence.

David Davis is a blusterer who promised an almighty row with the EU negotiators if we didn't get our way and then caved into their required timetable at the first time of asking.

Liam Fox is a buffoon who's idea of approaching forthcoming talks with people who hold all the cards is to insult them by stating that Britain is one of the few European countries which didn't need to whitewash its history in the 20th century. Managing to show unfounded bad mannered arrogance and complete ignorance of his country's history in one fell swoop.

Boris Johnson is a complete embarrassment, a foreign secretary who only opens his mouth to change feet and proved his political incompetence by choosing Brexit for his own personal career reasons and then allowing everyone to see clearly that he was actually a Remainer out for himself.

Michael Gove is apparently a Hawk in political terms ( so has no problem with other mothers sons putting themselves in harms way ) but he didn't have the guts to tell his mate Boris face to face that he was going to knife him in the leadership contest.

He is a climate change denier who is currently Environment Secretary, you couldn't make some of this stuff up!

The writers of Yes Minister would have struggled to top this nonsense.

If you can provide me with some comfort with regard to someone having a measure of competence and leadership it would help to put my mind at rest over what appears to me to be an approaching Iceberg. :(

I'm pleased to see you acknowledging that the outcome of the referendum isn't binary.

A/B, Yes/No, Accept/Decline is very binary and it's the nature of referenda in this country.

The result provides the direction of travel with politics informing the journey.

A/B, Yes/No, Accept/Decline is very binary and it's the nature of referenda in this country.

The result provides the direction of travel with politics informing the journey.

What was Farage's quote - if it is 48/52 then it isn't over by a long shot...

Interestingly the result seems to have been used by left and right to support very different agendas.

That said, Labour have the most solid approach with their six clearly defined tests for Brexit. The Tory alternative is quite simply aimless, characterised by open warfare between senior ministers with the possibility of any number of u-turns at any time!

We're leaving but don't try and pretend the Tories know or understand what the direction of travel is. They don't.