The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

True. Wasn't it Ireland that has twice had to repeat its Referendums as the first of each produced the 'wrong' result?

Not much democracy there.

Why not? In the end the public got what they voted for ... in the end...

Are you sure? Are you sure you're sure...? OK then!

True. Wasn't it Ireland that has twice had to repeat its Referendums as the first of each produced the 'wrong' result?

Not much democracy there.

Britain voted for the EU - now it has voted against... anyone else see a similarity...

Maybe there'll be a third one...

isnt democracy about people voting?

The people are just pawns, that is why the media is not allowed to be too powerfull.

Will any of the smaller parties get a look-in at the next election(a thread on its own); perhaps the media favour the status quo

21st Century Fox has welcomed a statement from the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority which today set out more detail about what it intends to examine in its investigation into the proposed takeover of Sky by Fox.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/fox-sky-deal-uk-authority-to-examine-influence-news-politics-fox-statement-1202185319/

But, topically for this line of posts, I am certainly keeping a cool head, and bailing from the UK by reason of same. Further vindication (albeit anecdotal of course).

There are 112,000 more employees from EU member states in the UK now than there were a year ago.

2.38 million people from the EU are estimated to be working here, a record number.

Since we voted for Brexit the UK has attracted more EU nationals to come here for employment than at any time in the last twenty years.

When might we see others 'bailing' from the UK, do you think?

---------- Post added 16-11-2017 at 21:21 ----------

Why not? In the end the public got what they voted for ... in the end...

Robert Mugabe used to say the same thing.

I voted to join the Common market.

I voted against Brexit.

The discussions thus far have done nothing to make me change my mind..it’s a stupid decision.

Cameron was an idiot to cave in to pressure,and the Conservative party is more disunited than ever.

There was a democratic decision to leave (based on half truths,lies and rabble rousing ) but this doesn’t mean that us pro Europeans have to shut up and bear silly tags such as ”remoaners”

I didn’t vote Conservative either but this doesn’t mean that I now have to espouse their policies.

Whilst there’s life there’s hope ,so for the sake of future generations I fervently hope for divine intervention.