The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I’ve never stopped working since age 14, turns out you can enjoy education while working!

The point I am rather rudely highlighting is that pensions are already under pressure and considered at risk. If the economy crashes than pensioners are going to lose out.

like this,

http://www.onenewspage.co.uk/n/Front+Page/75ec26m4g/University-pension-fund-deficit-soars-to-%C2%A317-5bn.htm

Edited by retep

The EU being another?

Euhmmm no. It is the member-states in the EU that might be running up a debt, as they are the ones paying into the bigger EU budget, but the EU itself doesn't issue debt.

Not really suspect as 2 financial years in't much. The important bit is that it predicts when the pension pot will potentially run out, and that has been forecast to be around 2035-36.

You mean when people like me and other currently working/struggling to find an appropriate property/high tax paying folk are about to retire?

I'd like to highlight the hypocrisy in your point, I hope you can see it for yourself.

You mean when people like me and other currently working/struggling to find an appropriate property/high tax paying folk are about to retire?

I'd like to highlight the hypocrisy in your point, I hope you can see it for yourself.

Not hypocritical at all and just pointing out that at the moment it is still self funding and not dependent on loans which you seemed to suggest. But.. those higher tax paying folk normally have enough money to pay into having a decent private pension as well to safeguard that their retirement is well catered for. As in past decades times change and so do government policies which is something I have no control over. I was just born at the right time as with the equality and pension changes it meant that I could basically retire at 62.

Edited by apelike

Not hypocritical at all and just pointing out that at the moment it is still self funding and not dependent on loans which you seemed to suggest. But.. those higher tax paying folk normally have enough money to pay into having a decent private pension as well to safeguard that their retirement is well catered for. As in past decades times change and so do government policies which is something I have no control over. I was just born at the right time as with the equality and pension changes it meant that I could basically retire at 62.

And I don't blame you for doing so, what I do blame you for is denying the generation after you doing the same by jeopardising the economy for 'freedom'.

Tell me honestly, did you consider what the previous after yours would have to go through? Or was it a case of - 'I think I'll be alright?'

And I don't blame you for doing so, what I do blame you for is denying the generation after you doing the same by jeopardising the economy for 'freedom'.

I have not denied the generation after me anything, if they were that bothered then they could have, like me, actually voted and changed the outcome and I would have been fine with that. Such is the measure of the importance this was to them that they didnt. Strangely its not them that are complaining though, its others that seem to want to do that on their behalf to try and make a point.

Tell me honestly, did you consider what the previous after yours would have to go through? Or was it a case of - 'I think I'll be alright?'

Now remind me, just what will they have to go through?