The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

but how can we negotiate if we don't have a plan?

In many way's we're stuffed

the governing party can't put forward a plan because any will be anathema to one or (if it's a sane plan) both wings of the party.

we can't change the leader of the governing party because the possible alternatives are too chicken to force an election and even if they did they are still stuck since there isn't a possible plan which which doesn't tear the party apart.

we can't change governing party, since that will just add to the chaos and while the labour party does seem to have a plan, they are nearly as riven as the conservative party and being in government will bring these divisions back to the surface.

there is no guarantee that an election would produce a significantly different result, possibly a worse one.

we're on the way to being the first 1st world failed state

---------- Post added 01-07-2017 at 16:30 ----------

but you must have had some idea of the world you were trying to create by your vote

that's not very patriotic

anyway, enjoy them while you can, they won't be here after Brexit.

---------- Post added 01-07-2017 at 16:33 ----------

been there done that

though i'm not sure it's a good use of our skills, still i suppose in the 1970s world you want to create there wont be a need for the people with the new century's tech skills.

So it's a case of over qualified, so are some of our foreign fruit pickers

Don't need a job, you might after brexit if it's going to get as tough as you are trying to make out

Been there done that, good on you, now what about mechanisation

Guest sibon

Don't need a job, you might after brexit if it's going to get as tough as you are trying to make out

I can assure you that I have no need of a job. I can't conceive of the circumstances where I will need one.

I also have plenty of work to do, should I choose to take it. Fruit picking isn't on the list though. In any case my professional rate would make for some pretty pricey strawberries.

Edited by sibon

No, the nature of referenda in this country, as set out clearly in a House of Lords Report and formally accepted by the Government, is that they are advisory, and an advisory vote on a binary question does not give a binary answer.

But when the government states that it was our choice and they will carry out the results of that referendum then I think it is. Parliament also subsequently approve it as well so the advise was taken.

I can assure you that I have no need of a job. I can't conceive of the circumstances where I will need one.

I also have plenty of work to do, should I choose to take it. Fruit picking king isn't on the list though. In any case my professional rate would make for some pretty pricey strawberries.

So you are happy for the poor to pick your fruit, but would expect a good wage yourself, seems about right.

Guest sibon
So you are happy for the poor to pick your fruit, but would expect a good wage yourself, seems about right.

No. I'm just pointing out that as I can earn much more elsewhere, I'm unlikely to be tempted by a fruit picker's wages. Of course if a farmer is happy to pay me enough, I'll pick those strawberries.

Basic economics really. Something that you've shown a lack of understanding of for years and years in your posts on here.

Anyway, do you have anything to say about the interesting debate that was going on before you turned up with your usual class? What plan do you think the Government should have for Brexit?

All I can say is to repeat what I have said many times on the Brexit threads, immigration was not part of my reason to vote leave. :)

Then why are you being so docile in the face of May's emphasis on immigration?

At least question what their plan is, especially if it is driven by something that wasn't an important factor in your decision.

---------- Post added 01-07-2017 at 17:26 ----------

The green monster strikes :hihi:

No. I'm just pointing out that as I can earn much more elsewhere, I'm unlikely to be tempted by a fruit picker's wages. Of course if a farmer is happy to pay me enough, I'll pick those strawberries.

Basic economics really. Something that you've shown a lack of understanding of for years and years in your posts on here.

Anyway, do you have anything to say about the interesting debate that was going on before you turned up with your usual class? What plan do you think the Government should have for Brexit?

Get on with it and shut the likes of you up.

Guest sibon

In fairness, you've been more detailed than the Tories so far. I'm interested that you want to censor my views, that says a lot.

Still not a very convincing plan though.

Brexit for the sake of it is just making things worse.

There's still no costed analysis (from the right wing Brexiteers) of what the results of their optimum Brexit will be.

What's it going to cost you? Do you have any clue?

Brexit for the sake of it is just making things worse.

There's still no costed analysis (from the right wing Brexiteers) of what the results of their optimum Brexit will be.

What's it going to cost you? Do you have any clue?

It's not just for the sake of it, the remoaners are making it worse, pack it in.

There is no costing from either side only what you make up.

Does it matter, the bill if there is one hasn't arrived yet, and unlike you I don't believe what the crystal ball says.