The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I dont think that is correct.

As far as I know and have read we can only repeal A50 if our notification is accepted by the EU and that a vote is then put to the rest of the member states. They then must agree by a majority vote that we can repeal A50. The way a lot of the member states feel towards the UK for triggering A50 is not very good and some have said they would vote against any repeal.

---------- Post added 22-11-2017 at 23:07 ----------

See above as it is not his decision to make.

---------- Post added 22-11-2017 at 23:10 ----------

But that also depends on the above and that the EU and member states accept it.

No it’s not his decision but he’s the legal brain that wrote the thing so he’s going to understand it better than you.

Let me make this abundantly clear - if the UK government, that is the current or future government, repeals the Article 50 NOTIFICATION than nothing changes. It will simply mean that status quo is continued.

If you used wrong language Lockdoctor, by stating 'the reality is the UK will never be part of the EU again', than that is your responsibility and error.

The simple fact is that if Maybot turns around and says, you know what, we are so far of the right deal here, I will revoke Article 50, the UK will still be a member of the EU under the exact terms it is now.

I genuinely can't make it any clearer than that.

On a scale of 1 to 10 what do you think the chances are that May does that within 2 years of A50 being triggered 1 being none at all and 10 being a certainty. I'm going for minus 100.

Why talk about "Farages vision" . Farage has never held any power in the UK .

Are you saying that Farage didn’t influence those of a certain persuasion.His life’s work was complete once the vote to leave was announced.

He can now continue his odious career and snipe at those who have the real job of sorting out the mess that he helped to create along with Johnson,Gove and crew.

I dont think that is correct.

As far as I know and have read we can only repeal A50 if our notification is accepted by the EU and that a vote is then put to the rest of the member states. They then must agree by a majority vote that we can repeal A50. The way a lot of the member states feel towards the UK for triggering A50 is not very good and some have said they would vote against any repeal.

---------- Post added 22-11-2017 at 23:07 ----------

See above as it is not his decision to make.

---------- Post added 22-11-2017 at 23:10 ----------

But that also depends on the above and that the EU and member states accept it.

No it does not, currently, as the UK is in a state of notification, the process can be withdrawn. Simple as that. This has been confirmed by the original author and pretty much every EU negotiation partner possible. The only people who don’t talk about it are the current government.

It genuinely is that clear cut.

---------- Post added 23-11-2017 at 07:03 ----------

On a scale of 1 to 10 what do you think the chances are that May does that within 2 years of A50 being triggered 1 being none at all and 10 being a certainty. I'm going for minus 100.

I don’t think May will be in charge by the time the clock runs out. Boris or Gove would totally withdraw article 50, that way they can steal the show by saving the country from economic disaster.

Extra public borrowing needed to cushion blow of Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/23/hammond-borrow-extra-90m-lower-productivity-forecast-obr

Another £90bn

On top of the £40bn payment

On top of the £150bn injection and guarantees from BoE last year

On top of lost GDP caused by sluggish growth

Public spending to not be in balance until 2030-31, fully 15 years out from Osborne target of 2015

And we’ll most likely still have annual payments to the EU

This is a train wreck

Edited by I1L2T3

No it does not, currently, as the UK is in a state of notification, the process can be withdrawn. Simple as that. This has been confirmed by the original author and pretty much every EU negotiation partner possible. The only people who don’t talk about it are the current government.

It genuinely is that clear cut.

---------- Post added 23-11-2017 at 07:03 ----------

I don’t think May will be in charge by the time the clock runs out. Boris or Gove would totally withdraw article 50, that way they can steal the show by saving the country from economic disaster.

But not so simple, as it would put the UK under the EU jackboot.