The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Ah, yes.

I deeply regret listening to the dreadfully inaccurate economic forecast of the deceitful 'Project Fear'. Thanks for reminding me.

The budget forecast (but you knew that already).

It's weird though, the UK GDP growth is slowing yet there's a pick up in other advances economies.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Just a thought and after nearly 4000 posts on this thread . How many of the remain voters on here who were upset about the result and were threatening to leave the country , how many of you have actually left ?

How many people threatened to leave?

Where were they going to?

I wouldn’t have thought that any significant number of people would be in a position to up sticks.

The only significant numbers disappearing are the doctors,nurses and support staff in the NHS from other EU countries who now feel unwanted over here.

I know from personal experience that somehow ,some people equated freedom of movement with their wish to reduce legal and illegal immigration into our country.

I remain totally against Brexit and feel embarrassed and ashamed of this demonstration of British xenophobia.

We had a say in the shaping of Europe,but will now be little Britishers who once had an empire.

How many people threatened to leave?

Where were they going to?

I wouldn’t have thought that any significant number of people would be in a position to up sticks.

The only significant numbers disappearing are the doctors,nurses and support staff in the NHS from other EU countries who now feel unwanted over here.

I know from personal experience that somehow ,some people equated freedom of movement with their wish to reduce legal and illegal immigration into our country.

I remain totally against Brexit and feel embarrassed and ashamed of this demonstration of British xenophobia.

We had a say in the shaping of Europe,but will now be little Britishers who once had an empire.

As I said before , I was talking about posters on here

Just a thought and after nearly 4000 posts on this thread . How many of the remain voters on here who were upset about the result and were threatening to leave the country , how many of you have actually left ?
I'm currently working my notice, and due to move + start working on the Continent by 1st Feb.

It doesn't count as 'already left' I know, but you can take it to the bank just the same, contracts are signed, i's dotted, t's crossed, etc. House is going on market this week.

As foretold, because I'm leaving redundancies (of British workers) are now seriously on the cards. Before Brexit. I saw my secretary's eyes welling up today (she knows the score, even though nothing's been discussed yet), even though she was putting a brave and smiling face on it. That kind of brings it home a bit closer than usual. Nothing I can help with now, anyway.

Brexit is getting really real for some people already, but I doubt it's getting so for the retirees populating this thread yet. For now. It will come. Karma's a real mean b1tch.

I'm currently working my notice, and due to move + start working on the Continent by 1st Feb.

It doesn't count as 'already left' I know, but you can take it to the bank just the same, contracts are signed, i's dotted, t's crossed, etc. House is going on market this week.

As foretold, because I'm leaving redundancies (of British workers) are now seriously on the cards. Before Brexit. I saw my secretary's eyes welling up today (she knows the score, even though nothing's been discussed yet), even though she was putting a brave and smiling face on it. That kind of brings it home a bit closer than usual. Nothing I can help with now, anyway.

Brexit is getting really real for some people already, but I doubt it's getting so for the retirees populating this thread yet. For now. It will come. Karma's a real mean b1tch.

I honestly wish you good luck for the future , no bitterness from me , why can you not be the same ?

I honestly wish you good luck for the future , no bitterness from me , why can you not be the same ?
I thank you for your kind wishes.

Likewise I'm not bitter (I'm moving up, not fleeing: Brexit in that respect was a catalyst, nothing else); just disappointed, because you've thrown it all away for no good, objective reason, just for cheap politicians' slogans and empty promises.

There's nothing which Leavers wanted, that couldn't be achieved without Brexiting and tanking the economy in the process, with gravely jeopardising the socio-economic circumstances for years to come.

But people still always get the government they deserve, I guess.

My leaving and the redundancies to follow are direct consequences of the vote and its management by the UK government since. No other reason.

Edited by L00b

I thank you for your kind wishes.

Likewise I'm not bitter (I'm moving up, not fleeing: Brexit in that respect was a catalyst, nothing else); just disappointed, because you've thrown it all away for no good, objective reason, just for cheap politicians' slogans and empty promises.

There's nothing which Leavers wanted, that couldn't be achieved without Brexiting and tanking the economy in the process, with gravely jeopardising the socio-economic circumstances for years to come.

But people still always get the government they deserve, I guess.

My leaving and the redundancies to follow are direct consequences of the vote and its management by the UK government since. No other reason.

Good Riddance.

Dont be disappointed, just accept that people voted different to you and let them take on the burden. BTW I never fell for the cheap slogans, the lies from both sides or any promises.

But.. we have not left yet or completed any negotiations so basically the reason is because the company decided to quit early. Its the company that has made the decision to move and thus created the redundancies. Why was it that it could no longer operate when we have not yet left?