The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Good Riddance.
QED :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-11-2017 at 23:01 ----------

Dont be disappointed, just accept that people voted different to you and let them take on the burden. BTW I never fell for the cheap slogans, the lies from both sides or any promises.
I accepted that vote on 24 June 2016, the post is there for all to find and read.

But.. we have not left yet or completed any negotiations so basically the reason is because the company decided to quit early. Its the company that has made the decision to move and thus created the redundancies. Why was it that it could no longer operate when we have not yet left?
Not the company. Me. Little non-contributing EU parasite me, whose riddance is (wholly unsurprisingly) welcome by some. But then, UK jobs depended on little non-contributing EU parasite me. Ooops. Hey! Price worth paying, right?

I've explained this before a few times. UK outside the EEA means no more rights of audience in the EU, means no more of the EU work I do in the UK (for US, Chinese, Japanese <etc> Clients) can be done from the UK anymore. It's not something which can be negotiated, unless the EU changes its laws (it has no reasons to, to begin with), and since the negotiations about trade haven't even started yet, we're out of time for that by now to get something sorted by March 2019.

It's the exact same reason/principle as seen with the European City of Culture last week. Everything else is like that. The planes not flying anymore, the exports stopped at customs for inspection, etc. We 'experts' keep explaining the hows and whys to you lot, but there's just no getting through the cognitive dissonance. Leavers by and large don't get it (or refuse to get it, same difference), no more than the ultras in government get it, because of a fundamental lack of understanding of how the EU works, and has always worked.

So in the end, when the clock is run out (and for very many indeed, like myself, it runs out a lot sooner than March 2019) the choice is: stay in UK and lose that work; or leave for the EU to keep that work. Simple as.

For many aspects of Brexit, March 2019 is far too late a time to wait. For instance, March 2018 is where it's at, if you're a Brit working in Switzerland and in need of renewing your working visa. For many businesses with tons of regulatory hoops to jump through for moving jobs, it start even before that (which is why they gave the gvt until this week to sort out phase 1 and get trade negotiations started: after that, it's too late to be waiting on 'negotiations', they *must* start relocation now to maintain continuity of business by March 2019).

It's not because your government is proving itself wholly incapable of finding its own ar5e with both hands and planning a **** up in the Brexit brewery, that every body else is. Least of all those with a pragmatic, real-life understanding of what Brexiting (on the government's current terms) means in practice for their own circumstances.

For the rest of it, those who move early get to name their terms, those who leave last get to pay the bill. Nothing new under the sun, that's been the way of the world since the year dot.

Edited by L00b

Again. It’s the futures of 65 million people.

You (Brexiters) need to present some realistic and achievable goals. You haven’t done that.

you keep quoting that, the realistic achievable goal is that we are leaving the EU

you keep quoting that, the realistic achievable goal is that we are leaving the EU

Yes I do, because the reality is that the economic outcome will have a profound impact on 65 million people and all the indications are that the outcome will be negative.

The economy is the most important factor for the vast majority, and still people do not realise it yet.

I think it’s too late now anyway. Much of the damage is already done.

I only voted to remain. A remainer is not my religion. I accepted that Leave won the referendum and don't disrespect the result and spout or hope for doom and gloom.

Why would anyone hope for 'doom and gloom', we're all affected by it?

Saying 'I told you so' is pretty pointless when the novelty of leaving has worn off and facing the harsh realisation of what it actually means.

Why do politicians,media and leavers keep saying that everybody has to get behind Brexit to make it a success if the success has already been achieved by the referendum result,jobs done then isn't it?

According to Brexiteers it is perfectly normal that the UK is now majorly lagging behind other EU economies in GDP growth apparently, is that what you are saying?

Perhaps because we have taken so many of the EU unemployed, those supposedly hard working people who couldn't even get a job in the wonderful EU.

Perhaps because we have taken so many of the EU unemployed, those supposedly hard working people who couldn't even get a job in the wonderful EU.

That is the problem though Peter, the country has taken on many hard working people and still the economy is flagging.

Without immigration the economy would have been shrinking significantly since the crash.