The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I care about the country I live in, the problem is crazy old duffers like you don't.

Quite obvious you don't.

---------- Post added 01-07-2017 at 21:20 ----------

Seems to me you don't think your country is worth the effort.

You left yours behind.

Quite obvious you don't.

---------- Post added 01-07-2017 at 21:20 ----------

You left yours behind.

I do retep and it really saddens me what is happening at the moment. I apologize for calling you an old duffer by the way.

I do retep and it really saddens me what is happening at the moment. I apologize for calling you an old duffer by the way.

It saddens a lot of us that the country isn't pulling together, decisions have been made, democratically, but one side seems to have taken the huff and spit the dummy.

I demand a re-run of the lottery I didn't win last night, or the dummy is coming out and I'm going to demand re-runs till I do.:hihi:

I've been called worse and it hasn't killed me yet.

I'm not sure that you can answer the questions...

Have you got your words in the right order there?

Isn't it better as:

I'm sure that you can not answer the questions...

---------- Post added 01-07-2017 at 21:50 ----------

Meanwhile: http://londonwebnews.com/2017/07/01/unapologetic-richard-dawkins-slams-the-tories-and-his-message-will-make-all-brexiteers-boil-with-anger/

It saddens a lot of us that the country isn't pulling together, decisions have been made, democratically, but one side seems to have taken the huff and spit the dummy.

You expect people who genuinely believe that a wrong decision has been made which will end in incalculable harm to their country to ' pull together ' to continue down the path toward economic disaster?

Farage said if it was 48% to 52% to Remain it would be unfinished business, but you expect that that doesn't apply the other way around?

Guest sibon
Have you got your words in the right order there?

Whichever way I order the words, Backwards Peter isn't going to answer. He can't you see, because none of them have a clue what to do.

In common with all of the leavers on here and elsewhere, we just get blah blah, be patriotic, blah blah, negotiating position, blah blah pull together, blah blah remoaners.

See this article from the nauseating Andrea Leadsom as a prime example. We must all pull together, but we are not telling you about what.

Meanwhile, we are all going down the pan as a result of this fool's errand.

Ok, let's suggest that we all band together, remainers and brexiteers (and the many sub-sets) together as one.

What should we do? March somewhere? Burn an effigy? Shun foreign goods? I'm not sure what "getting behind" means outside of the biblical sense, and certainly not in this case.

Reported in the Times today;

Headline 'France to exploit Brexit with glee'.

France is going all out to encourage researchers,financiers,start up founders etc to relocate to France.

Christian Noyer a former governor of the Bank of France has been entrusted with luring banks from the City to Paris.

Emmanuel Macron is an ex merchant banker and pro business and reform and is encouraging the policy. He has announced a fast track visa system for tech companies, employees and investors.

On Thursday the President and the Mayor of Paris opened a £205 million centre designed to house 1,000 start up businesses.

Britain is losing the European Medicines Agency, the regulator for new drugs in the single market which currently employs 900 staff in Canary Wharf.

Several EU states are after it but France looks the favourite wanting to house it in Lille.

In a different section of the paper it reports that Jamie Spencer Churchill Duke of Marlborough has said that his friend Viscount Rothermere of Associated Newspapers publishers of The Daily Mail is thinking of moving the whole operation to Ireland.

Oh irony of irony's, The Mail deserting the sinking ship it helped to sink with its Europhobia.

As things stand,rather than opening up the world for Britain to exploit it's looking like having to turn into a damage limitation exercise!

This is too true. 31 clients of the company I work at are moving operations into the EU. Paris and Dublin (and even some provincial Irish locations - yep they are bold enough to compete with London) are literally pulling out the stops.

Nice for I1L2T3 - business has never been better and the trips are nice.