The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

How many people threatened to leave?

Where were they going to?

I wouldn’t have thought that any significant number of people would be in a position to up sticks.

The only significant numbers disappearing are the doctors,nurses and support staff in the NHS from other EU countries who now feel unwanted over here.

I know from personal experience that somehow ,some people equated freedom of movement with their wish to reduce legal and illegal immigration into our country.

I remain totally against Brexit and feel embarrassed and ashamed of this demonstration of British xenophobia.

We had a say in the shaping of Europe,but will now be little Britishers who once had an empire.

According to NHS digital at the weekend the number of EU nationals working in the NHS in the year to June 2017 increased to 43,509 from 42,153 in June 2016.

According to NHS digital at the weekend the number of EU nationals working in the NHS in the year to June 2017 increased to 43,509 from 42,153 in June 2016.
Nothing like the Commons Library to flesh those numbers a bit and balance the point.

The bottom metric-graph paints a clear enough picture, I think.

As does the following, considering the 1,356 difference above represents 0.1% of total NHS staff (1.4m):

Nationality as recorded by the NHS is self-reported, so it may sometimes reflect a person's cultural heritage rather than their citizenship or country of birth. For around 7% of NHS workers, nationality is unknown. The percentages here exclude staff whose nationality is unknown.

Note on changes over time: the number of staff with an ‘unknown’ nationality has fallen substantially, so some increases in individual nationalities may be due to improved information rather than new staff.
Edited by L00b

According to figures I read,10000 EU nationals have quit NHS since the referendum,and more are anticipated to follow.

---------- Post added 27-11-2017 at 23:01 ----------

Not the company. Me.

I see, so it is you that has cause the redundancies by quitting.

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 17:46 ----------

I’m not getting behind a democratic decision pushed through with lies and Russian influence.

First it was lies that persuaded people, then it was because the leave voters were poorly educated, racist and xenophobic and now its because of unproven Russian influence through social media. What next, Aliens from space? :hihi:

Edited by apelike

First it was lies that persuaded people, then it was because the leave voters were poorly educated, racist and xenophobic and now its because of unproven Russian influence through social media. What next, Aliens from space? :hihi:

So l00b should stay until the bitter end why exactly? Would you stay in a company that's about to hit the buffers when you had better offers? And if l00b is keeping Brits out of a job, surely his role will be filled easy peasy? Right?

All of those things are factors comrade, except the aliens from outer space but I’ve got an open mind on that as well now :hihi:

All of those things are factors comrade, except the aliens from outer space but I’ve got an open mind on that as well now :hihi:

Russians. You'll fall for any old tosh.. :hihi:

On the current evidence, there are reasons to be sceptical that the interference swung the referendum, which was won by more than 1m votes. The volume of tweets was small. One study by the Oxford Internet Institute found 416 IRA tweets about Brexit among a data set of 23m on the subject. Another, from Edinburgh University, uncovered 3,468 tweets in a set of 62m. Both studies noted that around 80% of the IRA tweets they spotted came after the vote. And although the messages were mostly pro-Leave, some also argued for Remain, presumably to stir things up.

Russians. You'll fall for any old tosh.. :hihi:

https://www.economist.com/news/britain/21731669-evidence-so-far-suggests-only-small-campaign-new-findings-are-emerging-all

And a little bit more from that article:-

But dismissal of the Russian connection would be premature. Researchers have not been given access to equivalent information by Facebook, which may be more influential over public opinion than Twitter, and would almost certainly be part of any sophisticated propaganda operation. “Internet researchers are always working from a position of weakness because Facebook is inscrutable,” says Siva Vaidhyanathan, director of the Centre for Media and Citizenship at the University of Virginia.

It goes on to say that after the US election, Mark Zuckerberg "poo-poohed" the idea that Facebook was used for Russian propaganda, but has since said he regrets his earlier remarks.

It's still a long way from being "any old tosh", as the article you quote is at pains to make clear if you read it's entirety. As per it's headline, "New findings are emerging all the time."

Edited by Magilla