The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Funny that . I can see the opposite . Remain voters constantly posting stories /reports of impending doom

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 21:55 ----------

Not calling you a liar but how does that work ?

You've never heard of car boot then?...........that's just for starters.

I think if you compiled a list , you would be wrong . I can think of quite a few of remain posters but wont name them and that is just for starters

I don't need to compile a list,I just need to read the thread to know that when somebody states that all the moaning is coming from remainers,they are wrong.

Edited by chalga

Funny that . I can see the opposite . Remain voters constantly posting stories /reports of impending doom

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 21:55 ----------

Not calling you a liar but how does that work ?

how does what work?

come back from christmas break the first week back they announce 19 people will be made redundent in early feb, brexit was brought up as a factor.

so i left.

then 3 months later they decide the department needs me back to help out, so i got took back on as temporary (maybe 6 weeks), i was there 6 months but then let go again.

tbh the department cant run with only 2 people running it, we used to struggle a bit with 5 at certain times. in fact mi mate messaged me on facebook the other day theyve asked him to go in for a couple of months he though in a different department, but its to actually do my job (to a certain extent hes nowhere near knowledgable and experienced), also strangely he got sacked last time he was there lol thats how desperate they are.

theres office politics involved and i think the whole management of the redundencies is idiotic they may as well just pulled names out of a hat.

But like i said they need to save money and brexit WAS mentioned a few times, particularly in our original corridor meeting, and on the memo stuck on the canteen wall.

so glad you didnt call me a liar cos i might be a little bit peed off, just sorted out the dole stuff today :(

Edited by melthebell

Not impending... actual.

When the pound is 20% below where it was on the 23rd June 2016,

When we have lost 100s of jobs through the relocation of EU agencies to the mainland of Europe

When we find it hard to recruit the staff for jobs previously filled by EU workers

When many companies are saying publicly they are moving British jobs to the continent all because of Brexit...

And when the pro-leave supporters cannot actually identify one positive thing that the process of brexit has ALREADY brought, or clear articulate the benefits that Brexit will bring in the future...

Can you blame us for being slightly negative about the situation?

I don't need to compile a list,I just need to read the thread to know that when somebody states that all the moaning is coming from remainers,they are wrong.

Ah, so everyone is wrong and you are right

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 22:16 ----------

how does what work?

come back from christmas break the first week back they announce 19 people will be made redundent in early feb, brexit was brought up as a factor.

so i left.

then 3 months later they decide the department needs me back to help out, so i got took back on as temporary (maybe 6 weeks), i was there 6 months but then let go again.

tbh the department cant run with only 2 people running it, we used to struggle a bit with 5 at certain times. in fact mi mate messaged me on facebook the other day theyve asked him to go in for a couple of months he though in a different department, but its to actually do my job (to a certain extent hes nowhere near knowledgable and experienced), also strangely he got sacked last time he was there lol thats how desperate they are.

theres office politics involved and i think the whole management of the redundencies is idiotic they may as well just pulled names out of a hat.

But like i said they need to save money and brexit WAS mentioned a few times, particularly in our original corridor meeting, and on the memo stuck on the canteen wall.

Ok , thanks for that . Good luck in the future :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 22:20 ----------

Not impending... actual.

When the pound is 20% below where it was on the 23rd June 2016,

When we have lost 100s of jobs through the relocation of EU agencies to the mainland of Europe

When we find it hard to recruit the staff for jobs previously filled by EU workers

When many companies are saying publicly they are moving British jobs to the continent all because of Brexit...

And when the pro-leave supporters cannot actually identify one positive thing that the process of brexit has ALREADY brought, or clear articulate the benefits that Brexit will bring in the future...

Can you blame us for being slightly negative about the situation?

But that's the problem , you are not being " slightly negative"

Ah, so everyone is wrong and you are right

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 22:16 ----------

Ok , thanks for that . Good luck in the future :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 22:20 ----------

But that's the problem , you are not being " slightly negative"

Would a national sunny disposition make the pound go back up?

No,not everyone,just anyone saying all the moaning is coming from remainers.

Please look again

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 22:28 ----------

Would a national sunny disposition make the pound go back up?

You could be on to something there :) If everyone backed it ,maybe it could be the success we all want