The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

its just a good job the UK doesnt need the EU but the EU DOES need the UK eh? ;)

Well, 2 months ago it was €20bn on condition of a sweet deal. Now it's €100bn (that will *hopefully* end up around €50bn in a few decades) just to talk, with no guarantee of any deal at all.

Only a few weeks left to solve/clarify the N.I border issue, or there won't be time to complete the trade deal at all since we're supposedly leaving no matter what in 2019.

Comitting to that amount and then failing to secure a deal will be politically costly, so presumably lots of those "red line" issues will be quietly watered down/dropped.

It seems like the government wasted a lot of time to look weak to the wider world and weaken their (and by extension our) negotiating position with the EU at the same time. A bit of an own goal :(

I'm sure others will see things differently.

Are there Page Hall type issues in every town and city?

Nope. Therefore unrepresentative.

Next......

Are you sure about that?

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 01:15 ----------

Well, 2 months ago it was €20bn on condition of a sweet deal. Now it's €100bn (that will *hopefully* end up around €50bn in a few decades) just to talk, with no guarantee of any deal at all.

Only a few weeks left to solve/clarify the N.I border issue, or there won't be time to complete the trade deal at all since we're supposedly leaving no matter what in 2019.

Comitting to that amount and then failing to secure a deal will be politically costly, so presumably lots of those "red line" issues will be quietly watered down/dropped.

It seems like the government wasted a lot of time to look weak to the wider world and weaken their (and by extension our) negotiating position with the EU at the same time. A bit of an own goal :(

I'm sure others will see things differently.

It about time we walked away from the talks, called their bluff. Can not see it happening but we need to.

its the cold war all over again :suspect:

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 21:00 ----------

its not nonsense, its mentioned here

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-bill/uk-and-eu-agree-brexit-divorce-bill-uk-newspapers-idUSKBN1DS2G4

we pay 50 but

i've even put it in bold for you ;)

You're one of those who doesn't understand the difference between debt and deficit either. No wonder that Marxist lecturers find it so easy to churn out so many easily led and feeling entitled graduates against such a lack of economic literacy at large.

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 06:15 ----------

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/uk-bows-to-eu-demands-with-breakthrough-offer-on-brexit-bill-1.3308771

UK bows to EU demands with breakthrough offer on Brexit bill

"Britain agrees to total liabilities worth €100bn but will aim to pay less than half"

Anyone can get the currency wrong, you confused million with billion so I guess it's easy to do :P

So, £89bn, but as mentioned is expected to be less after many decades of payments.

Title says it all, UK caved, EU got what it asked for months ago. Concessions on ECJ next....

So.. bluster and deflection again, but no positive spin... ho hum. So sad for you :(

And here's another one.