The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Guest sibon
Just as you are leaving yours, the difference is that you aren't aware of your choice yet.

For many of us, it is the case that our country is leaving us.

Sadly, we have very few choices about what we can do.

Ok, let's suggest that we all band together, remainers and brexiteers (and the many sub-sets) together as one.

What should we do? March somewhere? Burn an effigy? Shun foreign goods? I'm not sure what "getting behind" means outside of the biblical sense, and certainly not in this case.

You get behind the economy.

Because the economy literally trumps everything. From economic misfortune flows discontent. Every single time. And you don't try and recover from economic misfortune by blasting another massive hole in the economy.

Even the Brexit foot soldiers who believe themselves to be immune from the coming economic issues - or are heroically claiming they are happy to endure economic misfortune while the Brexit leaders enrich themselves - are going to be pretty angry when they realise they have been done over.

This is going to be nasty

(and even some provincial Irish locations - yep they are bold enough to compete with London) a

As the son of an Irishwoman I can assure you that they were always bold enough to compete with London, and the rest of the country as well.

Ok, let's suggest that we all band together, remainers and brexiteers (and the many sub-sets) together as one...

OK, so what is the common ground?

You get behind the economy...

Blinkered. That is the approach that gives us pay rises for ministers and bankers and pay cuts for police and firemen: it is a net gain for the economy, so it is obviously a good thing...

OK, so what is the common ground?

Blinkered. That is the approach that gives us pay rises for ministers and bankers and pay cuts for police and firemen: it is a net gain for the economy, so it is obviously a good thing...

It's the bottom line hairy.

Only from a general sense of economic well-being and relative economic equality are you going to have a reasonably coherent society.

It's not blinkered. It's the truth.

Everything the right wing Brexit leaders want increases inequality and risks prosperity. They risk human rights, workers rights, pension rights. They plan to throw our own poorest into direct economic competition with workers in the poorest countries. In fact they risk everything that underpins civil society and stability in this country.

You get behind the economy.

Because the economy literally trumps everything. From economic misfortune flows discontent. Every single time. And you don't try and recover from economic misfortune by blasting another massive hole in the economy.

Even the Brexit foot soldiers who believe themselves to be immune from the coming economic issues - or are heroically claiming they are happy to endure economic misfortune while the Brexit leaders enrich themselves - are going to be pretty angry when they realise they have been done over.

This is going to be nasty

What about Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal amongst others... They are in, and doing badly. What is the EU doing to help them?

What good did it do to Syria crisis? And what it is doing now?

All rhetorical questions, the answers are all the same, **** all.

Everything the right wing Brexit leaders want increases inequality and risks prosperity. They risk human rights, workers rights, pension rights. They plan to throw our own poorest into direct economic competition with workers in the poorest countries. In fact they risk everything that underpins civil society and stability in this country.

2 glasses of wine, or 3 or 4 beers is my guess that you've had to drink :hihi:

What about Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal amongst others... They are in, and doing badly. What is the EU doing to help them?

What good did it do to Syria crisis? And what it is doing now?

All rhetorical questions, the answers are all the same, **** all.

2 glasses of wine, or 3 or 4 beers is my guess that you've had to drink :hihi:

Don't pretend to be worried about Greece or Spain. Most Brexiteers couldn't give two stuffs about them.

Liam Fox doesn't want to make you better off. If you understood globalisation you'd understand what the end game is, and he argues for it consistently.

Then why are you being so docile in the face of May's emphasis on immigration?

Because it is a decision for the government to make and not me, I cast my vote and and by doing so delegate them to do the rest. It a bit like a GE, you vote for a party and what they do when in power is not in your control.

At least question what their plan is, especially if it is driven by something that wasn't an important factor in your decision.

I cant question a plan and no one else can as it is obvious that its an unknown quantity. There can be no plan as we simply don't know yet what the EU want to impose on us. What does the EU plan to do? What will the EU demand?

All I can say is I voted to leave as did the majority no matter how slim, and to me it means a complete divorce and a so called hard Brexit.