The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

This thread has become totally pointless with the same arguments time after time from the same posters.

time to ignore it.

Quite the opposite I think.

There is evidence of much Googling and research,mainly to support whatever we voted for originally based on knowledge or gut feeling.

Perhaps one or two have been swayed by argument or discovered some facts that were not evident at the time of the referendum.

Apparently,nationally it is believed that a further referendum would yield similar results with only marginal switches either way.

The turn out was reasonably high ,but I assume that the remaining 25% plus of non voters were either Don’t knows or Don’t cares..

Perhaps the Don’t knows have gleaned a bit more information to vote one way or the other.

I would love to see a further referendum in the light of what is known thus far.

If the result is confirmed then the argument for leaving is stronger,but if there is a reverse I have no doubt that our arguments regarding our standing in the EU would be listened to with more sympathy than in previous discussions.

Mm - U've got got a LOT to learn e.g. Control is just an illusion !

U think our politicians are any less dysfunctional than there's ? ( Given that 90% of our species is dysfunctional & even worse in areas where they seek power e.g. politicians, corporations bureaucrats etc ) - Dream on !

I was being sarcastic, I voted remain by the way. :)

You're so funny. You'll need to develop a new kind of mental gymnastics to turn 139 tweets from 29 Twitter accounts into 17 million Leave votes.

You've got mental gymnastics on the brain... new buzzword needed. Did you get sick of "Antifa"? :loopy:

The only gymnastics going on here is your desperation to discount that interference might have had an effect, even to the extent you're prepared to miss-represent articles by quoting them out of context! Ho Hum indeed! :hihi:

As the article you misrepresented stated: Nothing significant yet, but new evidence is emerging all the time.

Not quite the "any old tosh" you were claiming... how embarrassing for you :(

Edited by Magilla

As the article you misrepresented stated: Nothing significant yet, but new evidence is emerging all the time.

Exactly. Nothing significant.

Significant: sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.

Nothing significant: not worthy of attention; not noteworthy.

Exactly. Nothing significant.

Significant: sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.

Nothing significant: not worthy of attention; not noteworthy.

New evidence is emerging all the time. A convenient omission ;)

Nothing significant isn't nothing, as the article made clear researchers don't have access to data for analysis from the major social media platforms, another convenient omission ;)

We're still a long way from being able to claim with any confidence it's "any old tosh".

Edited by Magilla

So from reading the above I get...

Cheating doesn't matter

Democracy doesn't matter

Social welfare doesn't matter

Anyone's future doesn't matter apart from my own.

What a sorry sorry society we live in.

Bluster, deflection, willful blindness, and unicorn eggs for breakfast ! YAY!