The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

There was nothing disrespectful. It was a statement of fact. The overwhelming majority of pensioners who voted for Brexit are too young to have fought in World War II. You'd have to be at least 91 to have seen action, and there aren't that many men left in their 90s. The main supporters of Brexit are the Johnny Foreigner-hating dinosaurs, who are shrinking in numbers with every passing year and voted for us to waste £90 billion and probably more on their Basil Fawlty-like fantasies, irrespective of what it means. The Brexit bill will mean more savage cuts - the's no magic money tree, continued underinvestment, no more EU projects, much slower economic growth - all of which will harm future generations who had no say in the matter - and all to please a bunch of ill-educated bigots.

---------- Post added 30-11-2017 at 20:27 ----------

There has been no personal name-calling, only stating facts. Brexiteers have defined themselves by their actions, their attitudes towards foreigners - intimidating them and making them feel unsafe in this county - even telling a former US Army veteran to go back to Africa simply because he was black, the massive bill they've landed future generations, and lets not forget that MP murdered in cold blood courtesy of the narrow minded xenophobia encouraged by foreigner-hating morons.

"Stating facts " ? tell me as a leave voter , where have I ever "intimidated a foreigner" or made them feel "unsafe in this country " Answer that and maybe you could gain some credence ,but no , according to you , all leave voters are racist ,bigots

let me get this right, the man you all accused of misleading everyone and not telling the truth, you now want to suck up is words and believe?

So... either he was telling lies and Brexit was a pack of lies, or he was telling the truth and Brexit is a foolish endeavour...

You tell us Phil - which version should we believe?

Or was he lying both times in which case Tweedledum is dead! (or is it Tweededee?)

http://www2.stetson.edu/~efriedma/puzzle/logic/

---------- Post added 30-11-2017 at 21:58 ----------

"Stating facts " ? tell me as a leave voter , where have I ever "intimidated a foreigner" or made them feel "unsafe in this country " Answer that and maybe you could gain some credence ,but no , according to you , all leave voters are racist ,bigots

You intimidated me by believing in the lies that Brexit peddled...

<credence>

A lot of them are probably out of touch, maybe getting their news from the right wing print media and maybe quite wealthy in comparison to previous generations of pensioners.

Maybe it is going to require a period of economic mayhem and job losses for (those that are still alive) to realise what they have done.

The average age of Tory party members is 72.

---------- Post added 30-11-2017 at 20:45 ----------

Another Brexiter lie

Right wing , racist, bigots , idiots , im just surprised you haven't used Homophobia yet ,

depends, do they go Dublins / EUs way, or they go DUPs way? who knows

interesting article. It seems that despite several years of peace (well, not strictly peace, but no killings) the Northern Irish and the Republic of Ireland still hate each other.

So... either he was telling lies and Brexit was a pack of lies, or he was telling the truth and Brexit is a foolish endeavour...

Or was he lying both times in which case Tweedledum is dead! (or is it Tweededee?)

<credence>

did he lie on the bus? but if you believe he did then once a lier then always one, why are you now seeking to believe him?

---------- Post added 30-11-2017 at 22:04 ----------

depends, do they go Dublins / EUs way, or they go DUPs way? who knows

i would think the DUP will have influence

<credence>

If you believed they were lies, ignore them

From reading this thread it's clear that most Remainers didn't know what they were actually voting for in the referendum.

Many Remainers felt bullied into voting to stay due to the clumsy sledgehammer propaganda of 'Project Fear'. The majority of these people didn't have any real understanding of the inner workings of the EU (most still don't) or even understand that there were alternative options or economic models available to the UK.

Many people were forced into voting Remain because they wanted us to retain access to the neoliberal Single Market - without fully appreciating the negative impacts that 'freedom of movement' brings with it and the resulting pressures on communities, infrastructure, services and housing that it creates.

No. The best the Remain voters can offer now is for them (the losers) to demand that the winners explain themselves.

We are leaving the corrupt and undemocratic EU. No further explanation necessary.

Have you ever defended Farage?

---------- Post added 30-11-2017 at 22:53 ----------

Right wing , racist, bigots , idiots , im just surprised you haven't used Homophobia yet ,

A lot of them are right wing, lacking in tolerance and out of touch.

From reading this thread it's clear that most Remainers didn't know what they were actually voting for in the referendum.

Many Remainers felt bullied into voting to stay due to the clumsy sledgehammer propaganda of 'Project Fear'. The majority of these people didn't have any real understanding of the inner workings of the EU (most still don't) or even understand that there were alternative options or economic models available to the UK.

Many people were forced into voting Remain because they wanted us to retain access to the neoliberal Single Market - without fully appreciating the negative impacts that 'freedom of movement' brings with it and the resulting pressures on communities, infrastructure, services and housing that it creates.

No. The best the Remain voters can offer now is for them (the losers) to demand that the winners explain themselves.

We are leaving the corrupt and undemocratic EU. No further explanation necessary.

You say its clear - care to point out where it is clear?

You make a large number of unfounded statements - "Many people were forced into voting Remain"

Where are the facts? Or is this another statement based on either lies or opinion?

---------- Post added 30-11-2017 at 23:18 ----------

If you believed they were lies, ignore them

It was your belief that intimidated me...