The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Get over your prejudices towards a Conservative led Government. The so called strongest leader in Western Europe hasn't managed to form a coalition Government in Germany. The Irish Government are enjoying the limelight at the moment and are showboating because they are deluded by their importance only in their own belief. Everything will be sorted sooner rather than later and the UK will be the winners after Brexit.

none of that still denies what i said, the uk government look weak and spineless

The DUP are right in their stance on the Irish border. NI are part of the UK ,so rightly want a hard border . They wont soften their stance , not a prayer , so the prime minister cannot agree to the EU`s demands for an open border or the DUP will pull their support for the government .

The DUP hold all the aces here.

Sensible points. The only way to understand what the DUP want is by understanding their staunch unionist mindset.

They want union with Britain, and that means NI being treated the same as the rest of Britain.

If I was May I’d just resign. She could get the blame for decades worth of problems.

Who voted for a hard tory Brexit ?
Everybody who voted for brexit - although they might not have realised it at the time.

I voted for Brexit but I did not specify which kind . Was there a choice on offer ?

The brexit campaign might have been cross party but the implementation of it so far has been entirely hard line Tory.

Sensible points. The only way to understand what the DUP want is by understanding their staunch unionist mindset.

They want union with Britain, and that means NI being treated the same as the rest of Britain.

If I was May I’d just resign. She could get the blame for decades worth of problems.

Thankfully, your're not Mrs May. Mrs May knows full well she made huge mistakes during the election campaign and knows full well if she was to resign the likelihood of Corbyn being the Prime Minister would be greater. Mrs May will resign when the time is right , which will be after Brexit negotiations have been settled.

Everybody who voted for brexit - although they might not have realised it at the time.

The brexit campaign might have been cross party but the implementation of it so far has been entirely hard line Tory.

So , let me get this right , you are saying everybody that voted for brexit ,voted for a hard brexit ?

1. They are pro europe and want a soft border.

2. They are staunch unionists.

A classic compromise is needed by the DUP, but I don't think they have what it takes because of the staunch unionist mindset above. Its almost funny.

May will be dispensed with when the Tory Grandees say so. They put her there without a vote and they will get rid of her without a vote or a shred of compassion when she is of no more use. This maybe after the Conservatives have lost the next election!

She might think she is doing the right thing for the country but she is being used and should do something she believes in. After all she is pro Europe.

She will be left with a wrecked political career and a trashed reputation.

So , let me get this right , you are saying everybody that voted for brexit ,voted for a hard brexit ?

It may not be what they voted for but it what they are going to get.

Yes, in the final analysis whatever happens they are responsible because of their short sighted, simplistic and naive approach to the biggest change in the country since the Labour election win after WW2.

Edited by Flanker7

Thankfully, your're not Mrs May. Mrs May knows full well she made huge mistakes during the election campaign and knows full well if she was to resign the likelihood of Corbyn being the Prime Minister would be greater. Mrs May will resign when the time is right , which will be after Brexit negotiations have been settled.

Yeah thankfully I'm not.

She won't be around long. In fact I'm surprised she's not gone by now.