The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Sensible points. The only way to understand what the DUP want is by understanding their staunch unionist mindset.

They want union with Britain, and that means NI being treated the same as the rest of Britain.

If I was May I’d just resign. She could get the blame for decades worth of problems.

Perhaps she is as thick skinned as Bliar and thinks too much of herself to quit.Bliar is trying to reverse brexit,I wouldn't think he will have a chance after the mess he has already made .

In a word, yes.

That's patent nonsense though Brexiters can kid themselves all they want. It's very entertaining.

---------- Post added 04-12-2017 at 22:48 ----------

Perhaps she is as thick skinned as Bliar and thinks too much of herself to quit.Bliar is trying to reverse brexit,I wouldn't think he will have a chance after the mess he has already made .

It's about May not Blair.

Nice attempt at switching the focus though.

That's patent nonsense though Brexiters can kid themselves all they want. It's very entertaining.

Indeed they are.

Immediately after the referendum the Brexit chest-thumpers were demanding an immediate Hard Brexit, declaring they had a mandate to do so.

Freedom!

Sovereignty!

Let’s take back control!

Secure the borders!

Tell the EU to go whistle!

Eighteen months later and, er, where are the benefits they promised?

£1billion to prop up the Sectarian bigots of the DUP who have the British government over a barrel!

£50billion to leave the EU!

Unlimited immigration from any foreign country willing to sign a trade deal with us!

Little wonder so many Brexiters are now denying they ever wanted a Hard Brexit at all.

Well tough.

They won the referendum, it’s up to them to make a success of it.

Edited by The Joker

Little wonder so many Brexiters are now denying they ever wanted a Hard Brexit at all.

I don't deny it as that is exactly what I had wanted and expected instead of this pussyfooting about and extended time it is now taking.. And yes I do blame Cameron and May for causing this turmoil, and also Parliament for not understanding the outcome of the questions posed.

Indeed they are.

Immediately after the referendum the Brexit chest-thumpers were demanding an immediate Hard Brexit, declaring they had a mandate to do so.

Freedom!

Sovereignty!

Let’s take back control!

Secure the borders!

Tell the EU to go whistle!

Eighteen months later and, er, where are the benefits they promised?

£1billion to prop up the Sectarian bigots of the DUP who have the British government over a barrel!

£50billion to leave the EU!

Unlimited immigration from any foreign country willing to sign a trade deal with us!

Well tough.

They won the referendum, it’s up to them to make a success of it.

In light of the above, I thought you might appreciate this article ;)

LOL at today's 23rd hour 59th minute kaboosh by the DUP. At that scale, it's not the nose they cut off to spite the face, more like the face around the nose and some further appendages an'all :hihi:

Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving, redefining "political clusterf*ck"

every

single

day :D

In light of the above, I thought you might appreciate this article ;)

LOL at today's 23rd hour 59th minute kaboosh by the DUP. At that scale, it's not the nose they cut off to spite the face, more like the face around the nose and some further appendages an'all :hihi:

Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving, redefining "political clusterf*ck"

every

single

day :D

It about time we looked at the rules on the bottom of the board and walked away and let them do some thinking.

It about time we looked at the rules on the bottom of the board and walked away and let them do some thinking.
The time for doing that thinking was before the referendum. UKIP had over a decade's worth of thinking time to plan this.

May is all but FUBAR now, her time's a few seconds short of being up.

Give in to the DUP & Brexit hardliners, so walk away from the EU negotiations = she's finished.

Give in to the DUP only & extend the NI deal to the UK-wide so NI exits on same terms as UK = she's finished.

Head off the DUP & lose their supply & confidence in the Commons = she's finished.

GE2018 getting closer by the day, then Corbyn. This ain't a car crash. It's a Final Destination-like pile up. The FPTP system has a lot to answer for.

Edited by L00b

The time for doing that thinking was before the referendum. UKIP had over a decade's worth of thinking time to plan this.

May is all but FUBAR now, her time's a few seconds short of being up.

Give in to the DUP & Brexit hardliners, so walk away from the EU negotiations = she's finished.

Give in to the DUP only & extend the NI deal to the UK-wide so NI exits on same terms as UK = she's finished.

Head off the DUP & lose their supply & confidence in the Commons = she's finished.

GE2018 getting closer by the day, then Corbyn. This ain't a car crash. It's a Final Destination-like pile up. The FPTP system has a lot to answer for.

At present, I think her standing would become greater if she walked away not less. Most patriotic voters are getting fed up of dancing to their tune.

At present, I think her standing would become greater if she walked away not less. Most patriotic voters are getting fed up of dancing to their tune.

We should threaten to hand NI over to the Republic, and wash our hands of the entire peninsula.

Let’s see how quickly the DUP change their minds then.