The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Many people who voted Brexit.

I think they read it on the side of a bus.

“We send £350 million each week to the EU

Let’s fund the NHS instead

Vote leave “

They must have misinterpreted the message.

I think you misinterpreted the message . where does that say £350 million a week for the NHS ?

Pensions are funded from NI each year. The scheme is unfunded which means there is nothing backing it except what can be collected every year.

The projection is going to have to be reworked, and I think the Brexit-backing pensioners should be first in line to volunteer to make sacrifices. They overwhelmingly backed Brexit so should be prepared to deal with the consequences.

---------- Post added 05-12-2017 at 22:25 ----------

There’s no extra money for the NHS.

It was just a lie.

I know quite a lot of pensioners who voted to remain. I know a lot of younger people who voted to leave. It would be nice if you could stop blaming all pensioners for voting to leave, not all did so.

I personally voted to remain and I am now seeing on an almost daily basis, my future hopes and plans disappearing down the drain.

Even so, I will not be getting angry with the leave voters and will just get on with life as best as I can.

I know quite a lot of pensioners who voted to remain. I know a lot of younger people who voted to leave. It would be nice if you could stop blaming all pensioners for voting to leave, not all did so.

I personally voted to remain and I am now seeing on an almost daily basis, my future hopes and plans disappearing down the drain.

Even so, I will not be getting angry with the leave voters and will just get on with life as best as I can.

Good post Ethella . The poster you quoted is well known for posting nasty ,vile things .

Been down this road before but who said that ?

Michael Gove for one, and that's not even on a bus.

Regardless of that. The wording on the bus was deliberately designed to give the impression that the NHS would get an extra £360m a week after brexit. Why would the brexit campaign make it such a prominent part of their campaign if they didn't expect people to believe it?

No I didn’t misinterpret the message.

I fully support more funding for the NHS and never believed the implied message that this amount would be used to further fund this service.

Are you really trying to say that the intention was not calculated to mislead?

The reality seems to be that this amount will be used to offset the £50 billion(and rising) exit costs.

They were happy to volunteer the rest of us to make sacrifices. That includes other pensioners.

People have to understand that actions have consequences.

I’m not angry with them any more. Loob has been telling me for ages that this can’t be halted and now I agree. I’m not happy but I don’t see any long-term way to fix this unless we visit a disaster on ourselves and rebuild from there. Brexiters are simply so entrenched this will never go away until they fully experience the folly of it.

All chips in let’s go for it and deal with the consequences. Give them what they want. Then let’s sort it out.

---------- Post added 05-12-2017 at 23:05 ----------

Good post Ethella . The poster you quoted is well known for posting nasty ,vile things .

Posting the truth.

You know where the report button is.