The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Haha, really could make this up.

A paradigm shift with unknown consequences?

No responsible government would do that to its people.

Do we need to build a new prison for these guys in the aftermath?

The anchors on Bloomberg TV are almost rolling on the floor at this story.:hihi:

I need to order popcorn in too,and I don't even like it.

My dilemma is sweet or salted popcorn

the whole sagas very salty not just the popcorn

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 13:21 ----------

David Davis has probably not done the Brexit cause a huge bundle of good this morning. First, his frank admission that no impact assessments have been completed will inevitably be seized on by critics to argue Team May simply haven't done the basic spadework.

Second his suggestion that he doesn't have the resources for this, and anyway some of the work his officials have done wasn't much good, is hardly a ringing endorsement of his Brexit department.

Third, Mr Davis probably didn't help his own reputation by telling the committee he had been handed two chapters of the 850 pages of analysis but hadn't read them. At times Mr Davis even chided the committee over the time they were taking.

Fair enough the Brexit secretary had a cold - but at times he sounded thoroughly frazzled and cheesed off. Not a great look.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42249854

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

the whole sagas very salty not just the popcorn

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 13:21 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42249854

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Davis: ‘the dog ate my homework’

Committee: ‘there was never any homework was there Mr Davis?’

Davis: ‘No there wasn’t’

Committee: ‘and was there a dog?’

Davis: ‘No’

:hihi:

Davis: ‘the dog ate my homework’

Committee: ‘there was never any homework was there Mr Davis?’

Davis: ‘No there wasn’t’

Committee: ‘and was there a dog?’

Davis: ‘No’

:hihi:

but there was a hamster, and it wee'd on it

Looks like those saying Davis is "lazy" have a point, no impact assessments done whatsoever! Couldn't be bothered to read what little they did have.

David Davis makes the government look utterly incompetant, if that's possible more than they already did.

Utter utter shambles, how anyone expected anything different is beyond me.

So... anyone convinced by the phrase "regulatory alignment" ? ;)

I laughed when I heard that.

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 14:25 ----------

Check the comments...

The Republic of Ireland will suffer if there is no free trade deal between the EU and the UK. Most of the food produced by Irish farmers goes via UK roads and through UK ports on the journey to the EU. The journey times will increase considerably and their own ports will need massive investment, if a free trade deal is not agreed.

Yeah, that is why the Port of Rotterdam and other major players in this field are already investing in Irish ports.

Recently Mv Celine came online, increasing the RoRo capacity for Dublin/Zeebrugge and Dublin/Rotterdam. That is the first of a few new trade-lines opening and that number will increase.

Looks like those saying Davis is "lazy" have a point, no impact assessments done whatsoever! Couldn't be bothered to read what little they did have.

David Davis makes the government look utterly incompetant, if that's possible more than they already did.

Utter utter shambles, how anyone expected anything different is beyond me.

So... anyone convinced by the phrase "regulatory alignment" ? ;)

I laughed when I heard that.

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 14:25 ----------

Check the comments...

lol, the first one must be somebody off here, surely?

3271. Posted by ted on

Just now

what utter rubbish, the worst case scenario does exist, project fear, and we voted for that, intermediate scenario's would be useless until we can see what the final deal might look like

this bbc politicising is really tedious, and not something I want to pay my licence fee for

its car door? int it?

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 14:49 ----------

now i do like this idea

3267. Posted by BigStu on

Just now

I think it’s about time the Queen organised a military coup as 99% of our politicians are not fit for purpose

i can picture Ole Liz as Rambo

its car door? int it?

Tea spat...........

Hilarious, the quitters are blaming anybody and everybody for this fiasco and even saying it doesn't matter.

Has a familiar ring to it :hihi:

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 15:26 ----------

Meanwhile:-

Hammond says UK will pay what it owes EU regardless of whether it gets trade deal

Hammond confirms cabinet has not had specific discussion about final Brexit outcome it wants

Edited by Magilla

Or the EU's own, many of which have long been published, and all of which have been open to read by any Tom, Dick or Harry David.

[linked in anticipation of Leavers' usual hand-waving about the UK "not wanting to show its negotiating hand": as if the EU could not read that hand 20/20 from a mile away!]

Hey, perhaps the EU's own impact assessment are those which Davis and his team have been working from, and he just didn't want to be accused of plagiarism by owning up to it in front of the cameras? :D