The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

The EU is the most successful Trade Bloc in the World, it will not fail despite Brexiteers wishful thinking.

It may be a successful trade block as a whole but we do not deal with the EU but only its members and those are mainly the better off chosen few. There are many members that we have little or no trade with. Its inevitable failure is not just Brexiters wishful thinking but for me based on past history and also economics. Just do some checking and tell me where most of the cheap imported labour comes from in the UK and most of the EU big popular exporters. Spain, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands and some others all need that cheap labour for successful economic growth. Now compare that with how long those countries that we get that cheap labour from have been full members.

Billions of Euros from the EU are being pumped into those economies to help them with infrastructure, work and economies. What then happens when those members start to get richer and more developed? Where will that cheap labour come from then? What happens when that cheap labour dries up?

As I said to Unbeliever shortly before he ran away:

He mostly likely just got bored of reading the nonsense spouted on here by sore losers.

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 22:00 ----------

To be fair as Sibon has been here longer it should be me.

I didn't realise that. I just thought that the person on the losing side should be the one to change the avatar. You are a very fair honourable person.

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 22:04 ----------

It's no secret Hitler's military objectives involved the creation of a European empire that was administered centrally from Germany with it's own flag, anthem, currency, and army.

Sound familiar?

It does sound familiar. However, it is not a familiar trait of our once great nation for our people to want to surrender to them.

Edited by Lord Rex

It may be a successful trade block as a whole but we do not deal with the EU but only its members and those are mainly the better off chosen few. There are many members that we have little or no trade with. Its inevitable failure is not just Brexiters wishful thinking but for me based on past history and also economics. Just do some checking and tell me where most of the cheap imported labour comes from in the UK and most of the EU big popular exporters. Spain, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands and some others all need that cheap labour for successful economic growth. Now compare that with how long those countries that we get that cheap labour from have been full members.

Billions of Euros from the EU are being pumped into those economies to help them with infrastructure, work and economies. What then happens when those members start to get richer and more developed? Where will that cheap labour come from then? What happens when that cheap labour dries up?

We know what happens because Brexiters have told us.All wages in the UK will go up,because migrant labour has held wages down,so the extra money on offer will tempt UK people who are not working to take jobs,so when the cheap labour dries up,UK workers are replacing them,on farms,in fields,in food processing plants,in hospitals,in old peoples care homes,it's everybody pulling together to perform their patriotic duty to make Brexit a success,so not a problem.

We know what happens because Brexiters have told us.All wages in the UK will go up,because migrant labour has held wages down,so the extra money on offer will tempt UK people who are not working to take jobs,so when the cheap labour dries up,UK workers are replacing them,on farms,in fields,in food processing plants,in hospitals,in old peoples care homes,it's everybody pulling together to perform their patriotic duty to make Brexit a success,so not a problem.

I earn £26 an hour. I won't be picking fruit. Sorry.

Not a problem,somebody from the UK will do it,it is their patriotic duty,and also it is the patriotic duty of farmers to raise wages to a standard that attracts many people who will do the job,and then pass on the extra cost to the UK consumer,it is the patriotic duty of the UK consumer to buy the items and make Brexit a success,pulling together.

Guest sibon
He mostly likely just got bored of reading the nonsense spouted on here by sore losers.

I must say, I preferred him. He put a bit more effort in than you do. He occasionally came up with a thought provoking idea. Just saying we won, you lost, blah, blah, blah is a bit dull really.

If you see him, say hi and invite him back please.

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 22:24 ----------

You'll need that and more to afford fruit and cauliflowers soon.

Another one in the crowd of 'brexiters are all identical' :roll:

If this was race we were talking about, such generalisations of groups of people would be absolutely bombarded with these same posters with the same venom (and even protests with banners :hihi:)

I just posted in another thread to prove this point, and surprisingly it was less than 2 minutes before I hooked one. :hihi:

-

For info: none of your post was why I voted. I've written everything in here at the time, and cannot lie. I've told you the reason I voted to leave in a post on the last page.

Where do I fit into this generalisation of you and the other 'bus brigade' :hihi: I don't want to kick anyone out. I don't think my wages will go up after brexit, but my wage has gone done in the last 10 or so years, and I want that to slow down or preferably stop. I doubt it will either way. The Torys or the Labours haven't got any ideas that I think are particularly good. Almost ALL propositions in any of the parties is short term (needed to wins votes). The only party with long term thoughts are the greens, and I think they're bleedin nuts with some of their ideas.

-

If I was to guess:

I'd say you Chalga, Magilla, I1, Sibon, Carlinrecarnate, Loob, Tz-Tim and most of the hardened anti-brexit people on here are one or more of the following:

well off (due to your hard work)

well educated and doing well

or [privately] consider yourselves middle-class (or upper working class at the least).

Any wrong guesses in there?

Guest sibon

I'd say you Chalga, Magilla, I1, Sibon, Carlinrecarnate, Loob, Tz-Tim and most of the hardened anti-brexit people on here are one or more of the following:

well off (due to your hard work)

well educated and doing well

or [privately] consider yourselves middle-class (or upper working class at the least).

Any wrong guesses in there?

I'm all of those things Ash. And pretty proud of it really. Especially given my starting point in life. My well offness and education are a testament to my own hard work and parental influence. I can promise you that there were very few silver spoons to stick in your mouth in 1970s Dinnington.

What I want now is for others to have the chances that I've had. The chance to work (very) hard and to make a good living. The chance to engage in an economy that is stable and able to strengthen. The opportunity to work with others without restriction, to make stuff happen.

I'm afraid that retreating into a little Englander bolthole wont allow those opportunities. We are heading for a disaster. A year ago, we were one of the strongest economies in the world, in the most succesful trade bloc ever seen. Now we are a laughing stock. If you think your wages have gone down in the last ten years, you've seen nothing yet.

I'm all of those things Ash. And pretty proud of it really. Especially given my starting point in life. My well offness and education are a testament to my own hard work and parental influence. I can promise you that there were very few silver spoons to stick in your mouth in 1970s Dinnington.

What I want now is for others to have the chances that I've had. The chance to work (very) hard and to make a good living. The chance to engage in an economy that is stable and able to strengthen. The opportunity to work with others without restriction, to make stuff happen.

I'm afraid that retreating into a little Englander bolthole wont allow those opportunities. We are heading for a disaster. A year ago, we were one of the strongest economies in the world, in the most succesful trade bloc ever seen. Now we are a laughing stock. If you think your wages have gone down in the last ten years, you've seen nothing yet.

That's a good response Sibon, and I'll have to catch up tomorrow. I've had enough today, and to answer properly, I'd rather not rush. (I'm sure you won't mind either at this time :hihi:)

I must say, I preferred him. He put a bit more effort in than you do. He occasionally came up with a thought provoking idea. Just saying we won, you lost, blah, blah, blah is a bit dull really.

If you see him, say hi and invite him back please.

I don't know him. Nice of you to invite him back though.

Surely, the fact the leave side did win is the crux of the matter. The time for debating was before the referendum vote. Now, it shouldn't really matter which party is in power and who is Prime Minister because the democratic people gave our politicians instructions to leave the EU. The big problem is the majority of the democratic people voted to leave, which is against the wishes of the majority of our politicians.