The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

No it isn't.

That pong is the stink of the third rate, incompetent pound shop politicians doing their best to ensure that Brexit is a failure. Never trust a Tory.

I stated long ago that the political elite, of all establishment parties, do not wish us to leave the EU and they will try their hardest to keep us in. Mark my words. Brexit will be deemed 'unachievable' and another referendum will follow.

It's what you voted for!

What's that strange noise I hear, I have it now. it's the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the remoaners. Makes me sleep well knowing we are on our way out of the bent EU. Democracy, don't you just love it.

Angel1.

Blind faith ,what a wonderful gift.

Whilst many are walking towards the light,you are not following.....yet.

What's that strange noise I hear, I have it now. it's the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the remoaners. Makes me sleep well knowing we are on our way out of the bent EU. Democracy, don't you just love it.

Angel1.

Do you think a) £50bn is a price worth paying

And

B) the current government are any less corrupt or inept than the eu?

Angel1.

Yep, over the cliff we go.

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 18:49 ----------

The word you are grimly grasping for is sardonic, not ironic. In which case, yes.

In that case you're on the wrong side, with today's revelations, the mocking only goes one way.

Easy pickings

No it isn't.

That pong is the stink of the third rate, incompetent pound shop politicians doing their best to ensure that Brexit is a failure. Never trust a Tory.

I stated long ago that the political elite, of all establishment parties, do not wish us to leave the EU and they will try their hardest to keep us in. Mark my words. Brexit will be deemed 'unachievable' and another referendum will follow.

I hope not. I have now come to the resignation that we will actually leave. However, I want the UK to have the absolute worse deal possible. Not because I am unpatriotic, but because it will actually be better for me. The socio-economic divide with open into a canyon and since I am on the right side of the divide, I shall be relatively much better off than the majority around me. Opportunities for my children in the future will be far easier to come by as a result.

You’re right, there is a lovely silver lining to all of this. Bring it on.

looks like we are slowly slipping down the table of Friendly nations

https://www.indy100.com/article/countries-making-friends-friendliness-index-expat-travel-settling-in-immigration-2017-ranking-brexit-8092416

wonder why

The UK has slipped downwards in the world rankings for friendliness to expat families.

In a ranking of 65 countries around the world for "Ease of Settling In," the UK ranked 44th. When it came to the "Finding Friends" category, the country ranked a paltry 49th.

In the same index back in 2016 (of 67 countries in total) the UK ranked 43rd for Finding Friends, illustrating a notable drop in this year's table.

Angel1.

Do you care about your country - and by that I mean the UK, not the part of it called England? Do you care about your fellow citizens?

Do you care that the referendum overturned the previous democratic choice to stay in the EU?

Do you care that the UK will not have enough skilled workforce in the future and so, when you need care in your old age, you won't be bale to get it, or afford it...?

Do you care that you have consigned future generations of youngsters to austerity?

I guess you don't...

But it is actually all your fault...

Live with the guilt - and if you aren't guilty then you don't understand the gravity of the situation - but then again, I could have guessed that from the way you voted...