The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Plenty of people have said they believed the more money for the NHS claim. For example: Quarter of Brexit voters say they were misled, poll finds.

You read the headline, I read the spreadsheet with the actual data.

Point us to the data where it says what the Independent claims because I don't see it on my tiny screen. I put it to you that the Independent is lying and you were taken in.

Pretty much how I feel Litotes.

Day by day it becomes more obvious that neither faction is going to get what it voted for.

We who voted remain only wanted to improve our standing and influence within the EU and this would have been achieved in the future.

Those who voted exit in the belief that we can return to some dream of halcyon days are in for a rude awakening.The only immigrants that we will lose are those who benefit our country.We will remain a valuable import market to all,as long as we can afford the goods.

Where we will inevitably lose is exporting our goods and services to world markets.

I wish that I could be optimistic about the future for my kids and grandchildren sake,but It’s a struggle.

It's what you voted for!

No it isn't.

I voted to leave the EU as quickly as possible.

I wanted us to leave the day after the referendum. I wanted to stop all payments to the EU budget immediately after the result was known and not give the greedy pampered vultures another penny. I wanted us to walk away there and then.

I knew that the Tory politicians who supposedly supported Leave were only doing so for tactical, career enhancing reasons.

If we had left last June we could have had 18 months to create new trade agreements with the world. Instead the EU is keeping us entwined around its fat, grubby little fingers while it dips its other hand into our pockets and steals the money that rightfully belongs to our NHS.

Instead the EU is keeping us entwined around its fat, grubby little fingers while it dips its other hand into our pockets and steals the money that rightfully belongs to our NHS.

I would not like to live in your world, with you having that definition of stealing.

Have you been on the Jeremy Kyle show accusing your own family of stealing?

No it isn't.

I wanted us to leave the day after the referendum. I wanted to stop all payments to the EU budget immediately after the result was known and not give the greedy pampered vultures another penny. I wanted us to walk away there and then.

I knew that the Tory politicians who supposedly supported Leave were only doing so for tactical, career enhancing reasons.

If we had left last June we could have had 18 months to create new trade agreements with the world. Instead the EU is keeping us entwined around its fat, grubby little fingers while it dips its other hand into our pockets and steals the money that rightfully belongs to our NHS.

And did you really think that could possibly happen.

No it isn't.

BUT then you dont live in the real world :thumbsup:

I hope not. I have now come to the resignation that we will actually leave. However, I want the UK to have the absolute worse deal possible. Not because I am unpatriotic, but because it will actually be better for me. The socio-economic divide with open into a canyon and since I am on the right side of the divide, I shall be relatively much better off than the majority around me. Opportunities for my children in the future will be far easier to come by as a result.

You’re right, there is a lovely silver lining to all of this. Bring it on.

Congratulations

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 22:42 ----------

Do you care about your country - and by that I mean the UK, not the part of it called England? Do you care about your fellow citizens?

Do you care that the referendum overturned the previous democratic choice to stay in the EU?

Do you care that the UK will not have enough skilled workforce in the future and so, when you need care in your old age, you won't be bale to get it, or afford it...?

Do you care that you have consigned future generations of youngsters to austerity?

I guess you don't...

But it is actually all your fault...

Live with the guilt - and if you aren't guilty then you don't understand the gravity of the situation - but then again, I could have guessed that from the way you voted...

" Consigned future generations of youngsters to austerity" Proof please . you like ,casting fault and guilt about like confetti . Have you ever considered the other side of the coin ?

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 22:45 ----------

I would not like to live in your world, with you having that definition of stealing.

Have you been on the Jeremy Kyle show accusing your own family of stealing?

More nasty comments from the side of sanity and piousness

Congratulations

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 22:42 ----------

" Consigned future generations of youngsters to austerity" Proof please . you like ,casting fault and guilt about like confetti . Have you ever considered the other side of the coin ?

What's the other side of the coin? A new golden age? Honestly, I'd love to see it happen but what have you seen that makes you think it will happen? The signs for a bad outcome are all over the place, certainly if the current bunch of clowns are running the show.

Have you ever considered the other side of the coin ?

I see no other side of the coin.

Having considered the future position of the UK in world politics, in world trade, in world influence, forgive me, but I cannot see an upside.

Please, give me (us) some proof of the upside (since you are asking for proof, I have no doubt you can provide some).