The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

What's the other side of the coin? A new golden age? Honestly, I'd love to see it happen but what have you seen that makes you think it will happen? The signs for a bad outcome are all over the place, certainly if the current bunch of clowns are running the show.

I suppose you think Jeremy, Abbot ,Mcdonnell and various others would make a sterling job of it

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 22:56 ----------

I see no other side of the coin.

Having considered the future position of the UK in world politics, in world trade, in world influence, forgive me, but I cannot see an upside.

Please, give me (us) some proof of the upside (since you are asking for proof, I have no doubt you can provide some).

No proof whatsoever and neither have you

Plenty of people have said they believed the more money for the NHS claim. For example: Quarter of Brexit voters say they were misled, poll finds.

Not that poll again. :) A poll with only 2,006 people taking part is not very representative of the whole country is it. The same poll also asked whether they believed there should be a second referendum, only 37% agreed and 49% were opposed to the idea.

No proof whatsoever and neither have you

We are currently in austerity - and there is no indication (or proof) we will be coming out of austerity measures in the near future, therefore it is reasonable to postulate that the (near) future will be in austerity.

So you are right, I have no proof, but I have a reasoned argument.

Can I have your reasoned argument of the upside of the coin please?

Not that poll again. :) A poll with only 2,006 people taking part is not very representative of the whole country is it. The same poll also asked whether they believed there should be a second referendum, only 37% agreed and 49% were opposed to the idea.

Even you have to admit this is turning into a complete shambles,the Irish border question, the missing impact strategies.

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 23:06 ----------

The opposite of what you are pumping on here

Go on then, in your world, what's it going to look like?

Let's hear a prediction.

We are currently in austerity - and there is no indication (or proof) we will be coming out of austerity measures in the near future, therefore it is reasonable to postulate that the (near) future will be in austerity.

I think we have (along with others ) been I austerity for about eight years now . Nothing to do the EU referendum

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 23:08 ----------

Even you have to admit this is turning into a complete shambles,the Irish border question, the missing impact strategies.

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 23:06 ----------

Go on then, in your world, what's it going to look like?

Let's hear a prediction.

I don't do predictions , I will leave that to all the remain voters ,who seem to know what the future holds

It's been a shambles since Cameron announced the referendum in February 2016.

It's just that it's taking a lot of educating and evidence, to cut through the record levels of cognitive dissonance developed by the likes of UKIP for over a decade.

The UK isn't staying the EU come what may, regardless. It's been too late for that since end March 2017.

So, pragmatically: either get out, preferably quickly ahead of the herd; or start stocking up.

Austerity measures were brought in well before the EU referendum . Don't blame that on leaving

I think we have (along with others ) been I austerity for about eight years now . Nothing to do the EU referendum

Still waiting for your other side of the coin...

Not the opposite to mine, because that is based on mine - what's yours (with a reasoned argument please)?