The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Austerity measures were brought in well before the EU referendum . Don't blame that on leaving

I didn't - I blamed the continuation of austerity on it...

Subtle difference, but I guess you don't do subtle!

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 23:14 ----------

Still waiting for your other side of the coin...

Not the opposite to mine, because that is based on mine - what's yours (with a reasoned argument please)?

Still waiting...

I think we have (along with others ) been I austerity for about eight years now . Nothing to do the EU referendum

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 23:08 ----------

I don't do predictions , I will leave that to all the remain voters ,who seem to know what the future holds

Hang on, you suggested earlier looking 'at the other side of the coin'. You must have an idea what that looks like, don't you?

Do you care about your country - and by that I mean the UK, not the part of it called England? Do you care about your fellow citizens?

I care as much as the others on here that have bragged about how well they have done out of the UK being in the EU, then bailed out and decided to jump ship.

Do you care that the referendum overturned the previous democratic choice to stay in the EU?

That's called democracy but strangely enough we were never given the democratic choice to join the EU (EEC) in the first place though.

Do you care that the UK will not have enough skilled workforce in the future and so, when you need care in your old age, you won't be bale to get it, or afford it...?

That is just guesswork and speculation, come back if it happens and talk then.

Do you care that you have consigned future generations of youngsters to austerity?

Not that old chestnut of "think of the children." You do realise that the majority of those that voted leave also have children and grand children and would have already considered the effect of leaving.

But it is actually all your fault...

Actually its not. Its the fault of Cameron and the MP's in parliament for underestimating the consequences of a democratic vote.

Live with the guilt.

What guilt as I have none?

Hang on, you suggested earlier looking 'at the other side of the coin'. You must have an idea what that looks like, don't you?

Yes . After a few years of transition , Britain will again be a major player in the world , not bound by legislation from a want to be EU superstate , Which I believe will start to collapse when we leave . We are the first domino to fall and others are waiting

Yes . After a few years of transition , Britain will again be a major player in the world , not bound by legislation from a want to be EU superstate , Which I believe will start to collapse when we leave . We are the first domino to fall and others are waiting

That's great. I think Brexit will be the worse thing economically to happen to this country since the war. I think the EU will carry on as if it never happened. UK will be seen as a cautionary tale.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Which ones are waiting?

Today has been sweet.
It's not over, would you believe: it's just been announced that the DUP got a seat on the UK's negotiating team.

Now there's facepalm moments...and then there's double-facepalm moments, when a single facepalm isn't enough. This development is the latter.

It looks like the EU's patience with the UK's antics is starting to wear thin. Barnier just gave May 48 hours to get her s**t together about the NI border, or no phase 2.

Crunch time.

Do you care about your country - and by that I mean the UK, not the part of it called England? Do you care about your fellow citizens?

Do you care that the referendum overturned the previous democratic choice to stay in the EU?

Do you care that the UK will not have enough skilled workforce in the future and so, when you need care in your old age, you won't be bale to get it, or afford it...?

Do you care that you have consigned future generations of youngsters to austerity?

I guess you don't...

But it is actually all your fault...

Live with the guilt - and if you aren't guilty then you don't understand the gravity of the situation - but then again, I could have guessed that from the way you voted...

Gosh, the sounds really patriotic, so get over it and get behind your country.