The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

The EU has thousands of miles of open borders with non-EU nations, and hundreds of crossings which have no border posts or immigration checks between them.

If they can do it. So can we.

I thought Brexiters wanted the borders closed?

It's one reason why they don't like the EU.

Are you now saying that open borders are a good thing?

I think you know that "the city" is a great asset and that Britain has the best armed forces of Europe and that Brexit is a great set back to the EU's plan of an EU army.

The EU will have to increase it's budget to pay for its new military defence force adventures.

Member state contributions will have to rise significantly , especially since the UK will not be paying into it.

The EU will have to increase it's budget to pay for its new military defence force adventures.

Member state contributions will have to rise significantly , especially since the UK will not be paying into it.

No they won't,we already have been through that,and I posted a link where large savings can be made by less duplication and and pooling of military resources of EU countries.

---------- Post added 07-12-2017 at 10:02 ----------

I think you know that "the city" is a great asset and that Britain has the best armed forces of Europe and that Brexit is a great set back to the EU's plan of an EU army.

That'll be why Farage and the Right Wing Daily Rags were frothing when the EU just announced plans for an army.:hihi:

I think you know that "the city" is a great asset

One that will be diminished by Brexit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42257277

and that Britain has the best armed forces of Europe

4th: If you include Russia:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-worlds-20-strongest-militaries-ranked-2016-4/

and that Brexit is a great set back to the EU's plan of an EU army.

The UK's exit from the bloc has removed one of the major obstacles against it.

Some setback....

Edited by Magilla

Nobody wants a hard border between Eire and Northern Ireland.

But the EU is using this fact by attempting to keep Northern Ireland in the Single Market. Its pulling the strings of Dublin, who are fanatically pro- EU.

Ireland has had a Common Travel Area since 1923. Long before global finance capitalism and big business created their Common Market.

But the EU is using this fact by attempting to keep Northern Ireland in the Single Market. Its pulling the strings of Dublin, who are fanatically pro- EU.

Ireland has had a Common Travel Area since 1923. Long before global finance capitalism and big business created their Common Market.

The EU isn't doing anything except watch the circus going on between May,the DUP and the Republic,and wait for them to come up with an answer,they already said that if Ireland are happy with that answer,the EU are happy with it.

Plus,David Davies is the one who just said that not only NI,but the whole of the UK will be subject to what happened in NI in the last 'agreement' that got turned down,so he is the one keeping the UK and NI closer to the single market and customs union,why do you think that the Gove/Johnson axis are kicking off now?

Why would a fanatically pro-EU country need to have strings pulled by the EU?

Are they not excercising their democratic right to be pro EU,just like the Brexiters did their right to leave?

Edited by chalga

A common travel area is something completely different then a single market, oddly enough things have changed since 1923 as well, turns out you can now buy oranges and things in supermarkets...

That'll be why Farage and the Right Wing Daily Rags were frothing when the EU just announced plans for an army.:hihi:

Hang on.

The Remain side denied that there would be an EU army throughout the referendum campaign. We were told it was all a Eurosceptic MYTH.

Are you now saying that the Remain side deliberately LIED to voters?

Hang on.

The Remain side denied that there would be an EU army throughout the referendum campaign. We were told it was all a Eurosceptic MYTH.

Are you now saying that the Remain side deliberately LIED to voters?

I don't know if they deliberately lied,maybe it was just a symptom of how out of touch the UK is with the EU that they don't know exactly what is being planned.

This is a common misconception. Most leavers voted for controlled migration like those from outside the EU.