The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I think you know that "the city" is a great asset and that Britain has the best armed forces of Europe and that Brexit is a great set back to the EU's plan of an EU army.

Do we? News to me. If you look at the EU25 (that have agreed to form the new EU army) as a whole, the combined military might will be very significantly more capable than what we have. Name me one thing the UK has in numbers and comparable that the EU will not have?..... Just one

I'm assuming there is an article about such? One that isn't from the Daily Mail, The Sun etc.

There's articles about immigrants,and the EU in the Right Wing Daily Rags,then there are the comments section from readers who read those articles,walling up the Channel Tunnel is just one of the things that is repeatable in a public domain without fear of censorship or even prosecution.

Hang on.

The Remain side denied that there would be an EU army throughout the referendum campaign. We were told it was all a Eurosceptic MYTH.

Are you now saying that the Remain side deliberately LIED to voters?

Of course they didn't, we could have exercised our veto and binned it.

There's articles about immigrants,and the EU in the Right Wing Daily Rags,then there are the comments section from readers who read those articles,walling up the Channel Tunnel is just one of the things that is repeatable in a public domain without fear of censorship or even prosecution.

Nope, not buying it. A few comments from people on articles is in no way representative of the UK wanting to close it's borders. Who's to say that those people aren't trolling?

You believe what you want which is just agreeing with your standpoint. But all be heard in Q.T, papers, despatches programme is that people want controlled migration from the E.U.

Interestingly, I've not heard anyone wanting to close the borders because of migration from the likes of those outside the e.u

The Remain side denied that there would be an EU army throughout the referendum campaign.

Nick Clegg said it was a "dangerous fantasy" to have one, and that we could veto it's creation as EU members.

Chukka said the UK would veto any creation of an EU army if we remained in the bloc.

Michael Fallon also said Britain would oppose any 'EU army' after the Brexit vote:

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/eu...er-brexit-vote

I guess he's finding out how relevant we are post Brexit:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/eu-cou...a-army-2017-11

Seems like Michael Fallon takes the "delusional" crown!

We were told it was all a Eurosceptic MYTH.

Without an alternative reality machine, we'll never know. What we do know for certain is that Brexit has helped, rather than hindered, in it's creation.

The UK's standing in the world is further reduced.

Are you now saying that the Remain side deliberately LIED to voters?

You have cornered the market in that regard.

Edited by Magilla

Nope, not buying it. A few comments from people on articles is in no way representative of the UK wanting to close it's borders. Who's to say that those people aren't trolling?

You believe what you want which is just agreeing with your standpoint. But all be heard in Q.T, papers, despatches programme is that people want controlled migration from the E.U.

Interestingly, I've not heard anyone wanting to close the borders because of migration from the likes of those outside the e.u

Sorry,but those commenting on the many articles that have been appearing for years on an almost daily basis are some of the voices of Brexit,and they are not few,there are hundreds,you can't just sweep them under the carpet as if they don't exist,or that the rags themselves are not influential,whether the policy is controlled migration or not,those whipped up by Farage,UKIP,Right Wing politicians and the rags interpret what they say in their own way,and that includes extremity.

Sorry,but those commenting on the many articles that have been appearing for years on an almost daily basis are some of the voices of Brexit,and they are not few,there are hundreds,you can't just sweep them under the carpet as if they don't exist,or that the rags themselves are not influential,whether the policy is controlled migration or not,those whipped up by Farage,UKIP,Right Wing politicians and the rags interpret what they say in their own way,and that includes extremity.

I'm not sweeping them under the carpet. I don't doubt that some voted with the intention of UK coding it's borders. But the majority voted for controlled migration.

Your view that the UK is closed is misguided

I don't doubt that some voted with the intention of UK coding it's borders. But the majority voted for controlled migration.
"Controlled", like the UK could do it at any time (under the same EU statutes used by all other EU 27 Member States to deny EU migrants access to social welfare and to deport them if still jobless after 3 months) but chose not to?

Or a different kind of immigration control?