The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Of course the COMBINED EU 25's military will be greater by comparison the UK's on its own, but I'm sure the EU will Britains armed forces being a part of their EU army. That was the point I was making.

The UK is working closely with France to streamline capability. The exact same idea is at the foundation of the EU army - it is by choice that countries participate, if they don’t want to, no problem.

And as pointed out it states that large saving could be made providing billions of euros are paid up front first. That also depends on whether the EU nations also agree to funding and as always it will also take a few decades. By that time there will be no EU as we currently know it.

The position is,the EU have it in their hands to have an army,or not,as they decide,it's up to them to take the necessary financial steps and the desired pooling of resources to get to what they want,if they desire.

Farage,Brexiteers and the frothing Right Wing Daily Rags have no say in it,because the EU have taken back control and no longer have the UK holding them back.

You read the headline, I read the spreadsheet with the actual data.

Point us to the data where it says what the Independent claims because I don't see it on my tiny screen. I put it to you that the Independent is lying and you were taken in.

It's on the NHS Q page - look at the EU Referendum Past Vote section starting in column AA. I put it to you that you don't know how to use spreadsheets.

---------- Post added 07-12-2017 at 14:53 ----------

Not that poll again. :)
Inconvenient truth is it? ;)

A poll with only 2,006 people taking part is not very representative of the whole country is it.

Given that a statistically meaningful sample is generally held to be about 1000, 2006 seems representative enough to me.

The same poll also asked whether they believed there should be a second referendum, only 37% agreed and 49% were opposed to the idea.

I thought you said it wasn't representative? Do you think the polls are only is valid when they produce results you like.

he thought the result would be remain, only reason he gave in to the idiots to do one

His reasoning was sound - if you distil the importance of the EU to one thing it’s the economy.

The economy trumps everything. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve said it.

The problem is that Brexiters don’t see that yet. They view Brexit through a series of filters that (pretty stupidly) pay no heed to possible economic problems.

What is the threshold for realising their mistake?

3 or 4 or 5 million unemployed?

5 or 10 or 15 percent inflation rate?

5 or 10 or 15 percent interest rates?

I don’t think they have any threshold. But they will develop thresholds when things really start going wrong.

All chips in hard Brexit ASAP so Brexiters can follow this process of learning. There’s no other way.

His reasoning was sound - if you distil the importance of the EU to one thing it’s the economy.

The economy trumps everything. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve said it.

The problem is that Brexiters don’t see that yet. They view Brexit through a series of filters that (pretty stupidly) pay no heed to possible economic problems.

I don’t think they have any threshold. But they will develop thresholds when things really start going wrong.

All chips in hard Brexit ASAP so Brexiters can follow this process of learning. There’s no other way.

the ONLY way one will see it if it directly affects them, if they get made redundent because of it, AND cant get help from the social because the country has no money, then what do you do? beg, scrounge, steal? live homeless?

the ONLY way one will see it if it directly affects them, if they get made redundent because of it, AND cant get help from the social because the country has no money, then what do you do? beg, scrounge, steal? live homeless?

Move to the EU. ;)

Absolutely. The Brexiteers still don’t understand that it is they in general who will be the first to suffer and to suffer the most. With the typical Brexiteer on the lower end of the income scale along with a higher dependence on state benefits, it is not difficult to see it is this group that will suffer from the incoming cuts to benefits and squeeze on the economy. I say bring it in and I’ll take great please in saying “I told you so” when you unemployed and on the poverty line. Stupidity caused by stubbornness deserves all the consequences they get.