The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

yeah but then you dont have any money to move anywhere

I was thinking they'd have to arrange work before being allowed to move - after all the EU won't want our unemployed.

I just think it would be supremely ironic if people who voted for brexit had to move to the EU to work.

Absolutely. The Brexiteers still don’t understand that it is they in general who will be the first to suffer and to suffer the most. With the typical Brexiteer on the lower end of the income scale along with a higher dependence on state benefits, it is not difficult to see it is this group that will suffer from the incoming cuts to benefits and squeeze on the economy. I say bring it in and I’ll take great please in saying “I told you so” when you unemployed and on the poverty line. Stupidity caused by stubbornness deserves all the consequences they get.

I’ve followed the same thought processes, and come to realise that the groups of people who I had concerns about overwhelmingly want Brexit. They’re not worried about my family - in fact it’s been said plenty of times that they want to teach successful people a lesson by dragging us down. So I’ve stopped caring.

They can have their hard Brexit, but they are the people who are going to be smashed by it. It’s the only way they will learn.

---------- Post added 07-12-2017 at 18:07 ----------

the ONLY way one will see it if it directly affects them, if they get made redundent because of it, AND cant get help from the social because the country has no money, then what do you do? beg, scrounge, steal? live homeless?

That is the only way unfortunately. This whole thing is going to get nasty.

Yes . After a few years of transition , Britain will again be a major player in the world , not bound by legislation from a want to be EU superstate , Which I believe will start to collapse when we leave . We are the first domino to fall and others are waiting

Been thinking that for ages. I suggest the corrupt EU will fold AFTER our payments to them end - whenever that is, the sooner the better.

Angel1

The position is,the EU have it in their hands to have an army,or not,as they decide,it's up to them to take the necessary financial steps and the desired pooling of resources to get to what they want,if they desire.

Correct! But as stated it what other EU members have signed up to is only the planning stages with estimated costs. Given that its well known that estimates are generally well out the whole cost may make it unattainable in the long run. Whether it will actually get off the ground or not and whether further funding is forthcoming is another story.

Farage,Brexiteers and the frothing Right Wing Daily Rags have no say in it,because the EU have taken back control and no longer have the UK holding them back.

Correct, did I say otherwise.

Correct! But as stated it what other EU members have signed up to is only the planning stages with estimated costs. Given that its well known that estimates are generally well out the whole cost may make it unattainable in the long run. Whether it will actually get off the ground or not and whether further funding is forthcoming is another story.

Correct, did I say otherwise.

Well I can't see why the anti EU Army brigade is making such a big deal of it then.

---------- Post added 07-12-2017 at 14:53 ----------Inconvenient truth is it? ;)

Given that a statistically meaningful sample is generally held to be about 1000, 2006 seems representative enough to me.

There have been many polls in the past that have had a far greater sample and yet have been wrong plus as you know it also depends on how the pollsters were chosen.

I thought you said it wasn't representative? Do you think the polls are only is valid when they produce results you like.

Its not, and by pointing out the other bit it also shows that the first bit is suspect. TBH I don't trust polls..full stop!

Been thinking that for ages. I suggest the corrupt EU will fold AFTER our payments to them end - whenever that is, the sooner the better.

Angel1

The EU is going nowhere until the individual countries and people in them say otherwise.Your post gives the game away as to the real aim of Brexit for many,just spite and vitriol against the EU,and whatever damage is caused to your own country in the process of venting it is a price worth paying.Time to stop bigging yourself up and go your own way with some dignity,because as a country,you are fast losing it and making yourselves the laughing stock of Europe and beyond.

Well I can't see why the anti EU Army brigade is making such a big deal of it then.

I don't think they are especially as this what you quoted:

"maybe there wouldn't have been an EU army if the UK was in the EU..."

Is completely wrong as the EU have plans and that is all.

---------- Post added 07-12-2017 at 19:04 ----------

The EU is going nowhere..

Now that I will agree with and if it does go somewhere it will only be apart..:D

Edited by apelike