The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

There’s no conspiracy theory. It’s clear as day that the aims of the leaders of hard Brexit are not compatible with the changes that their lapdogs think they will get.

But my goodness, what's this? It's as if you daren't mention Lord Voldemort George Soros and Slytherin his shadowy billionaire cabal in the Conservative Party by name in case they appear.

a no deal hard Brexit is the only solution.

It’s the only way the hard Brexiter billionaires are going to lose the support of their foot soldiers.

The leaders of this want nothing less than economic chaos as a vehicle for creating vast personal profit. Their arguments are badged up as a collection of dog whistles that have been peeped so much and so often they have a few million brainwashed lapdogs who refuse to see any economic angle to the argument.

Only a hard Brexit is going to create the conditions for them to realise their mistake.

Lapdogs :hihi:

I know exactly what a dog whistle is.

Saying it doesn't make it so and I don't think you do, but let's hear what you think it is. Then we can check how it stacks up against your use of the term.

Meantime, you still don't know what a dog whistle is.

But my goodness, what's this? It's as if you daren't mention Lord Voldemort George Soros and Slytherin his shadowy billionaire cabal in the Conservative Party by name in case they appear.

Lapdogs :hihi:

Saying it doesn't make it so and I don't think you do, but let's hear what you think it is. Then we can check how it stacks up against your use of the term.

Meantime, you still don't know what a dog whistle is.

You can mock all you want but it’s as clear as day. That’s why you don’t like it.

No conspiracy. The viewpoints that are fostered and hardened by the dog whistles - very dangerously - neglect any economic consequences.

Now, explain why you think I don’t know what a dog whistle is.

You can mock all you want but it’s as clear as day. That’s why you don’t like it.

No conspiracy. The viewpoints that are fostered and hardened by the dog whistles - very dangerously - neglect any economic consequences.

Now, explain why you think I don’t know what a dog whistle is.

Flopping heck, it's not you Gormanghast's referring to is it? spending every waking hour telling us how hard you work. You surely can't be so naive that you don't realise how little credibility you've got.

If you want to be really miserable why not just become a vegetarian.

Flopping heck, it's not you Gormanghast's referring to is it? spending every waking hour telling us how hard you work. You surely can't be so naive that you don't realise how little credibility you've got.

If you want to be really miserable why not just become a vegetarian.

I’m off sick today stuck in bed.

I know I’ve touched a nerve when the personal attacks start

Now those dog whistles......which category should we start with

I’m off sick today stuck in bed.

Now those dog whistles......which category should we start with

Nothing personal at all. I just happen to agree with Gormenghast about people who complain about how the UK and and its productivity is going down the pan at the same time as spending all day on social media.

Like apelike I'm retired and can't imagine having the time to have done that when I was working and even now can't find the time to come on here more than a few times a week.

By the way, I don't know what you mean about dog whistles, we ain't got a dog.

How odd, because I agree with you about poor post war investment in the UK. Maybe you heard what you wanted instead of reading what I wrote.

I did read what you wrote. Far from the UK having "not much war rebuilding to do" it had an enormous amount to do. Not as much as most of continental Europe but still an awful lot. That we spent the post war years (and Marshall Plan funds) chasing unrealistic dreams of continuing to head an empire and being a superpower rather than on rebuilding our country and preparing for the future was the root cause of the industrial malaise that left us as the sick man of Europe in the 1970s. e.g. Whilst Continental Europe was busy rebuilding their railways with electrification we built some steam locomotives (already an obsolete technology) only to scrap them a few years later (the last built was only in service for 5 years).

This focusing on past glories still permeates the attitude of many brexiteers. Just look at the proposals for trade links with the Commonwealth (that were rightly ridiculed as Empire 2.0) and the reception they got from the Commonwealth countries. Similarly with the suggestions that the Irish border problem would be best solved by Ireland leaving the EU along with us. That sort of arrogant, unwarranted sense of self importance and entitlement is going to go across very badly when we try to get trade deals with those countries.

As an aside: Here's a brexit dog whistle.

Given the understanding of economics apparent from this and preceding Brexit-themed threads, "working smart, not hard" is a concept that, clearly, would be completely alien and wasted on them...

...so it's much more fun to let them both believe we're skiving and froth at the thought ;):hihi:

Nothing personal at all. I just happen to agree with Gormenghast about people who complain about how the UK and and its productivity is going down the pan at the same time as spending all day on social media.

Like apelike I'm retired and can't imagine having the time to have done that when I was working and even now can't find the time to come on here more than a few times a week.

By the way, I don't know what you mean about dog whistles, we ain't got a dog.

You don’t know what I do. Even when I’m at work I have a fair amount of dead time travelling. That 7.5 working hour day is often a 11-12 hour day when train journeys or waiting at airports is taken into account.

I work with some companies with millions of customers. And what those companies do facilitates incredible amounts of economic activity. The services we provide facilitate that, not just in the U.K. but in the EU and globally as well.

You see these days it isn’t all about how many tons of coal you dug in a shift.

You should be glad people like me are around - the government gets a lot of revenue from me and it helps to pay for your Daily Mail, blue rinses, cribbage matches, tripe suppers or whatever it is pensioners get up to those days.

You don’t know what I do. Even when I’m at work I have a fair amount of dead time travelling. That 7.5 working hour day is often a 11-12 hour day when train journeys or waiting at airports is taken into account.

I work with some companies with millions of customers. And what those companies do facilitates incredible amounts of economic activity. The services we provide facilitate that, not just in the U.K. but in the EU and globally as well.

You see these days it isn’t all about how many tons of coal you dug in a shift.

You should be glad people like me are around - the government gets a lot of revenue from me and it helps to pay for your Daily Mail, blue rinses, cribbage matches, tripe suppers or whatever it is pensioners get up to those days.

Jackanory Jackanory Jack.................

Weren't you one of those who were quite gleeful on here about one million people dying since the referendum? And the fact that most of them are likely to have voted for brexit.

You lost any respect you might have had then, showing no regard at all for the relatives and friends of those people.