The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It's the truth

OK, so it is a good politicians answer: clever use of the truth which leaves the reader inferring an answer that hasn't actually been given and the answerer free to honestly deny it later...

In this case I assume that isn't intentional and the implied answer is the right one.

OK, so it is a good politicians answer: clever use of the truth which leaves the reader inferring an answer that hasn't actually been given and the answerer free to honestly deny it later...

In this case I assume that isn't intentional and the implied answer is the right one.

A poll by one of the most accurate polling companies has carried out a poll that indicates the majority would now back remain. That's the truth hairy. You can disagree with the poll if you want, your prerogative.

A poll by one of the most accurate polling companies has carried out a poll that indicates the majority would now back remain. That's the truth hairy. You can disagree with the poll if you want, your prerogative.

I think most people would disagree with polls these days.

If I wanted to converse just using links, I'd join twitface.

Let me explain.

The rich have got richer as a result of Brexit, and the UK government veto'd an EU proposal to impose tariffs on cheap Chinese steel in an effort to protect European steel producers.

31,500 people are employed in the British steel industry, the EU had more concern for their future than the UK government did.

The UK government is more interested in Chinese investment in the City of London than in peoples lives outside the Home Counties.

In other words all that Daily Mail, Express, Sun anti EU propaganda that you've been swallowing is crap.

Oh, and if you don't want to converse by links then don't include them in your own posts.

I used links because they were self explanatory and provided evidence of the rich doing well, which you claimed wouldn't happen in post 485 and also showed that the poor voting Leave because they thought the EU wasn't on their side was nonsense. The people that they have returned power to are the ones that hold them in contempt.

Edited by Carlinate

I'd say you Chalga, Magilla, I1, Sibon, Carlinrecarnate, Loob, Tz-Tim and most of the hardened anti-brexit people on here are one or more of the following:

well off (due to your hard work)

well educated and doing well

or [privately] consider yourselves middle-class (or upper working class at the least).

Any wrong guesses in there?

Can I ask what the point is of dividing people amongst the lines that you used? Does it in any way make you feel better? I got lambasted here for suggesting it was the less educated working class that were going to vote Leave, yet here is the mirror.

Just to add - where is the benefit in sneering at those that are well-educated? It is a dark trend in the world right now, 'fake news!' - 'lies to keep the rich rich!' etc. soon we will be back to rubbing flint together to heat the arrowed deer.

For those of you needing a break..

BBC iPlayer: Brexit means Brexit

Award-winning director Patrick Forbes goes beyond the headlines to film the bitter battle to govern Britain after 2016's referendum vote. Filmed over one extraordinary year, it's a story of low politics, high ambition and bitter personal animosities - at stake the biggest decision the UK has taken for decades.