The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

If anybody ever doubted that Brexiters were overwhelmingly daft watch Question Time now

They are brainwashed, just aggressively shouting lines straight out of the Daily Mail, often very aggressively and directly at females. These are mostly middle aged men that have totally lost the plot. Undignified nasty people.

Death threats sent to Tory rebel:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-dominic-grieves-theresa-may-rebellion-death-threats-a8111176.html

Couldn’t be clearer - Brexiters have lost the plot.

Then again, what happens to these people after Brexit? Do they give up their anger, become cuddly grandads again and start dishing out the werthers originals? Or will the Daily Mail find something else for them to be angry about, threaten to kill people over?

That's the problem with death threats, they're not very democratic.
The real problem with death threats, whether over Brexit or anything else, is that unstable elements can eventually act them out: RIP Jo Cox :|

The most regrettable aspect of it, is that it is those who are as died-in-the-wool pro-Brexit through ignorance as that gentleman on QT last night, who are the least likely to understand this and/or the most likely to rationalise it or hand-wave it away.

Everyone should take stock of the extent of the current divide in British society, and pause for breath. Because currently, it's as damning an indictment on everything British, particularly those societal values held dear by nationalists (but clearly misunderstood), as it's ever been.

Edited by L00b

The BBC1 'Question Time' programme was in Barnsley yesterday. The first question asked by a plucky member of the audience: "When will some MP's stop trying to subvert the will of the British people on Brexit?"

Public school educated, completely out of touch Nicky Morgan MP (Conservative) was passionate about taking back control for Parliament, and parliamentary sovereignty in particular. Pity she never mentioned this before we voted to Leave the EU.

Isabel Oakshott, Journalist, was on top form upsetting the sanctimonious Remainers. She stated: "We should not make any mistake how powerful the establishment vested interests are in making sure that we stay in the EU. And they will stop at nothing." Absolutely spot on.

Audience members were informed and unfazed by establishment conformist propaganda.

"I voted to Leave. On the ballot paper there was no 'now turn to question 2'. Do you want a hard Brexit or a soft Brexit?"

"What part of the word Leave is it that Remainers don't understand?"

"Remainers are undermining our country" said a rather beardy man.

Panelist Geoff Norcott, Comedian, stated that we are suffering the "death of Brexit by a thousand amendments".

Rebecca Long-Bailey MP (Labour) wants Brexit "to end the undercutting of pay by people shipped in from Europe". Excellent.

As Nicky Morgan stated about Brexit: "Embrace it. Love it. Agree with it."

Edited by Car Boot

That's nice. Did they say what "Brexit" actually is?

I returned some goods I purchased from Germany over the Internet. The harmonised Distance Selling Regulations made this easy. Will we still be doing this? Or will I now have to pay import taxes and will I find that returning things is too difficult to bother with?

It's the detail that I'm interested in - not the flag waving "let's leave the rest to someone else".

The BBC1 'Question Time' programme was in Barnsley yesterday. The first question asked by a plucky member of the audience: "When will some MP's stop trying to subvert the will of the British people on Brexit?"

Isabel Oakshott, Journalist, was on top form upsetting the sanctimonious Remainers. She stated: "We should not make any mistake how powerful the establishment vested interests are in making sure that we stay in the EU. And they will stop at nothing." Absolutely spot on.

Audience members were informed and unfazed by establishment conformist propaganda.

"I voted to Leave. On the ballot paper there was no 'now turn to question 2'. Do you want a hard Brexit or a soft Brexit?"

"What part of the word Leave is it that Remainers don't understand?"

"Remainers are undermining our country" said a rather beardy man.

Panelist Geoff Norcott, Comedian, stated that we are suffering the "death of Brexit by a thousand amendments".

Rebecca Long-Bailey MP (Labour) wants Brexit "to end the undercutting of pay by people shipped in from Europe". Excellent.

You highlight how none of these people really had any idea what they were voting for.

Chances are, whatever it was, they're not going to get it.

Well the good folk of Baaaaaaaaarnsley are in for a helluva shock when 500,000 white Eastern European immigrants are supplemented by one billion brown Indian immigrants.

Let’s see how much they Embrace, Love and Agree with our new immigration policy then.

You highlight how none of these people really had any idea what they were voting for.

Chances are, whatever it was, they're not going to get it.

The audience members I quoted voted to Leave the European Union.

You don't believe we will leave?