The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

. . .those proud folk of Barnsley most who never lived to see a pension are worth ten of you.

Oh dear, did they all die in a chip pan fire? :(

What is attractive about Barnsley?

They deserve everything they have got.

You are wrong, wrong, wrong.

Baaaaaaaaaarnsley folk have shown themselves to have creativity, passion, intelligence, style and class.

I assure you that once we leave the EU, the Tory government will be queuing round the block to shower Baaaaaaaaaarnsley with £billions in investment (and by that I mean they'll flatten the entire town and its inhabitants to build the HS2 railway right through the middle of it, and probably frack under the remains as well).

After all, look at Baaaaaaaaaarnsley's magnificent world-famous tribute to our nation's greatest Tory leader of all time.

It would be far simpler to remain part of the single market and continue to share the development of regulations with our neighbours.

The Single Market is a Bosses market. It drives the privatisation of public services, forbids nationalisation, and makes it easier for employers to exploit workers.

Those who support it are in reality supporting the interests of the global capitalist elite.

Correct. It's a huge improvement on the Uk's outdated Data Protection Act and adherence is necessary for us to provide service to EU business.

Now what's the forum for resolving a dispute? The ECJ provides that service. But withdrawal from the ECJ is part of withdrawing from the EU.

So we will have an equivalent law but no standard place to resolve a dispute. And we can expect the legislation to diverge over time. Oddly that is sold as "cutting red tape" by Brexiters but actually it creates red tape!

It would be far simpler to remain part of the single market and continue to share the development of regulations with our neighbours.

It's an EU regulation that becomes part of the Data Protection Act 2018. It still remains part of the DPA 2018 after Brexit. If someone has a legal dispute with your organisation following Brexit, they go through the appropriate UK legal process, as would any UK regulatory body if they found you at fault.

At large employers in Barnsley (such as ASOS) the workforce is over 75 per cent of Eastern European heritage.

I guess the majority of those economic migrants don't actually live in Barnsley, but are transported in from places as far away as Doncaster, Sheffield and Leeds.

That’s far away. Hope you’re getting ready for getting up at 3am to get the 4am bus to Lincolnshire for 12 hours in the fields.

Oh dear, did they all die in a chip pan fire? :(

You are wrong, wrong, wrong.

Baaaaaaaaaarnsley folk have shown themselves to have creativity, passion, intelligence, style and class.

I assure you that once we leave the EU, the Tory government will be queuing round the block to shower Baaaaaaaaaarnsley with £billions in investment (and by that I mean they'll flatten the entire town and its inhabitants to build the HS2 railway right through the middle of it, and probably frack under the remains as well).

After all, look at Baaaaaaaaaarnsley's magnificent world-famous tribute to our nation's greatest Tory leader of all time.

No they died keeping the country running, seems their sacrifice was wasted on you.

Edited by retep

The Single Market is a Bosses market. It drives the privatisation of public services, forbids nationalisation, and makes it easier for employers to exploit workers.

Those who support it are in reality supporting the interests of the global capitalist elite.

But do you never stop for a second to realise that you are in the global capitalist elite?

You have internet, a roof over your head, food on the table - that's lots more that billions in the world - why aren't you giving it up for them?

I was at the anti capitalist riot in yr 1999.

Yes I did consider those things you mention. I concluded that the alternative on offer is far worse. That's having the nutty extreme capitalists (Jacob Rees Mogg...) turn the country inti an offshore tax haven with the "red tape" of worker protection,environmental protection and so on taken away. It seems to me that the social democratic model of the EU is far safer than what the likes of Jacob and The Atlantic Bridge Group want.

Am I to take it from your posts that you do not want this UK sweatshop from the Tories? Instead you are betting that Corbyn takes the reins and is able to enact his policies?

But do you never stop for a second to realise that you are in the global capitalist elite?

You have internet, a roof over your head, food on the table - that's lots more that billions in the world - why aren't you giving it up for them?

Why aren't you, asking someone to give it up whilst not doing it yourself seems like hypocrisy.

It's an EU regulation that becomes part of the Data Protection Act 2018. It still remains part of the DPA 2018 after Brexit. If someone has a legal dispute with your organisation following Brexit, they go through the appropriate UK legal process, as would any UK regulatory body if they found you at fault.

One third of GDPR is about how national regulators work with each other through Europe. Will the ICO continue to do that? If no then there's much work to do on the legislation and our customers in EU will have demands. If yes then have we really left the EU?

Who knows.... The Information Commissioner doesn't! Yet this is just one if the details that those on Question Time display no concept of in their demands to Get Out Now.

Why aren't you, asking someone to give it up whilst not doing it yourself seems like hypocrisy.

He is the one railing against capitalism - I am happy to accept I am one, living in a first world country, with all the trimmings of a nice lifestyle so I am not the hypocrite.

His statement "Those who support it are in reality supporting the interests of the global capitalist elite." while not rejecting his capitalistic lifestyle shows his hypocrisy.

But he is obviously happy calling the kettle black.