The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Oh, and if you don't want to converse by links then don't include them in your own posts...

To be fair, he was linking back to his own earlier comments.

---------- Post added 04-07-2017 at 00:01 ----------

A poll by one of the most accurate polling companies has carried out a poll that indicates the majority would now back remain.

Now that is a straight answer. ;)

I'd say you Chalga, Magilla, I1, Sibon, Carlinrecarnate, Loob, Tz-Tim and most of the hardened anti-brexit people on here are one or more of the following:

well off (due to your hard work)

well educated and doing well

or [privately] consider yourselves middle-class (or upper working class at the least).

Any wrong guesses in there?

If I join that group without invitation, I can confirm that I am comfortable, degree level educated and definitely middle class.

Statistically that made it more likely that I would vote remain.

Also not elderly, another factor likely to increase the chance of voting remain.

The leave vote for many was down to ignorance, fear and stupidity. That's democracy I suppose, but frankly the lies that were peddled by the leave campaign should see MPs in jail for fraud.

The economic argument has to be made the most important argument and very quickly.
I have only two words: 'Project Fear'.

The time to make, and heed, that argument was before the referendum (and Lord knows, some of us tried to).

It's too late, even for regrets.

1st April 2019...tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc...

Businesses increasingly getting jittery

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/04/uk-manufacturers-brexit-cuts-business

The economic argument has to be made the most important argument and very quickly.

There aren't going to be any signifcant developments on the details until after the German elections in Sept 2017.

The official government line is that we're leaving the SM & CU and negotiating tariff-free access to the SM through a UK-EU FTA.

Let me explain.

In other words all that Daily Mail, Express, Sun anti EU propaganda that you've been swallowing is crap.

Oh, and if you don't want to converse by links then don't include them in your own posts.

I don't read them, or any papers.

I wrote a post and included some links. You posted 3 links. A bit different.

Can I ask what the point is of dividing people amongst the lines that you used? Does it in any way make you feel better? I got lambasted here for suggesting it was the less educated working class that were going to vote Leave, yet here is the mirror.

I'm not the one dividing! This part of the discussion started when I picked up on chalga's grouping of all brexiters remember, and posted my list of people to show that we can all generalise.

Just to add - where is the benefit in sneering at those that are well-educated? It is a dark trend in the world right now, 'fake news!' - 'lies to keep the rich rich!' etc. soon we will be back to rubbing flint together to heat the arrowed deer.

I've heard this term fake new a lot. I wrote about this in 2007, and most people who read it said I was paranoid :hihi: Amazing

The leave vote for many was down to ignorance, fear and stupidity. That's democracy I suppose, but frankly the lies that were peddled by the leave campaign should see MPs in jail for fraud.

Well I said this when people kept voting Blair in, and got the same response. Seems it's not all two-way street.

There aren't going to be any significant developments on the details until after the German elections in Sept 2017.
So you think, and that's as may be...

...but how many more businesses (relative to those which have already jumped ship and to those which are in advanced/terminal relocation preparations) are going to wait that long? The competitive private sector world, never less so than in services, doesn't wait for them.

I doubt that Hammond is sticking to his budgetary guns on the public sector cap for the sake of publicity or popularity: he knows that No.11's tax take for the 2017 exercise is going to break record lows, with worse to follow in 2019/2020 as ever more high-volume, high-tax yield businesses (particularly in the City) shift activities (and that business exodus, in of itself, creates its own self-sustaining vicious circles: where companies go, talent and suppliers follow).

Why are we still discussing this ? The UK is leaving the EU so let's get on with it. The term hard or soft means nothing to me. All I know is leave means leave nothing else.

You seriously think that it's that simple?

44 years of agreements, treaties and interwoven legislation and we can just walk away?

How do you propose that we then continue to do business with the remaining 27 EU members and the rest of the world where our current agreements are in place as a result of EU negotiations?

Have you ever witnessed a divorce where serious money and property was involved?

They can drag on for years and there are only two people involved!