The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

The only poll which matters is the EU referendum vote.

Another new term I heard on the Andrew Marr show, is Easy Movement of People rather than Free Movement of People.

I thought you were always happy to respect the results of votes? Why would it be different if we had another vote now and voted to stay?

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 11:11 ----------

And then the remoaners woke up.:hihi:

On the contrary, 10% of the brexidiots have woken up and realised how badly it will damage the country, hence the massive swing.

I thought you were always happy to respect the results of votes? Why would it be different if we had another vote now and voted to stay?

We should not hold another EU referendum for at least 20 - 30 years.

The £9.3 million government pamphlet 'Why the government believes that voting to remain in the EU is the best decision for the UK' that was sent at great public expense to over 27 million homes specifically stated:

The EU referendum is a once in a generation decision.

This government leaflet also stated:

This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide.

The people decided we should leave the EU and all its institutions. Let's do this!

Your right he's still alive and lives in fear of the next maniac.

Does he really?

Poetic justice maybe after his own allusions to violence. Do you want me to post the quotes.

Then you can post similar quotes from Jo Cox

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 11:51 ----------

The only poll which matters is the EU referendum vote.

Another new term I heard on the Andrew Marr show, is Easy Movement of People rather than Free Movement of People.

The only poll to you maybe.

Theresa May didn’t exactly get a ringing endorsement in the GE did she?

And like it or not opinion polls do shape party strategy. It was those very polls that prompted May to call a GE.

As day by day we inexorably gravitate towards a very strong remain sentiment then hard Brexit becomes more and more unrealistic and unthinkable.

You will get your Brexit but my bet is it will be so soft that returning to the EU would be a formality. And I expect that is a real prospect.

The £9.3 million government pamphlet 'Why the government believes that voting to remain in the EU is the best decision for the UK' that was sent at great public expense to over 27 million homes specifically stated:

The people decided we should leave the EU and all its institutions. Let's do this!

This coming from a Government who has done so many U-turns that the whole country has whiplash...

But if the country wants another referendum, who could go against the popular vote? After all it would be undemocratic wouldn't it?

More realistically it was a snapshot in time. Things change and they have changed. It is becoming clear that hard Brexit is not what the public want.

Prime Minister David Cameron publicly admitted that his government supported Remain before the referendum vote, that his government was "not neutral". This Remainer Tory government also promised that the EU referendum was a "once in a generation" decision.

In a speech to students in Exeter in 2016, David Cameron said: "We're not neutral in this. We think it would be a bad decision to leave - for the economy, jobs, investment, family finances and universities."

Britain will not hold a second “In-Out” vote on its membership of the European Union if the public opt to leave the bloc at a referendum in 2017, a senior aide to Prime Minister David Cameron said on 25 October 2015.

“The Prime Minister is clear that is simply not going to happen. From the outset, he has been clear this will be a straightforward in/out choice and that’s exactly what it will be. Leave means leave,” the aide told Reuters.

The stated intentions of a Remainer are worthless. They should not, and cannot, be trusted.

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 12:07 ----------

More realistically it was a snapshot in time. Things change and they have changed. It is becoming clear that hard Brexit is not what the public want.

So you want another 'once in a generation' vote?

---------- Post added 17-12-2017 at 12:17 ----------

But if the country wants another referendum, who could go against the popular vote? After all it would be undemocratic wouldn't it?

I believe that there should be another EU referendum.

In about 20 - 30 years.

The 2016 referendum was a once in a generation vote. It will be up to the next generation to decide in the next vote, in about 22 - 32 years time.

Edited by Car Boot