The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

... are getting older and wiser and more conservative with the passing of each old person.

Demographics is a two way street and always has been, hence the well worn phase If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.

---------- Post added 19-12-2017 at 14:43 ----------

Enough of the virtue signalling already. It's such a mind bogglingly obvious thing that it doesn't need saying, still less questioning.

But you answered the dog whistle!

It’s not obvious at all. Not from what I’ve seen.

It will be a damp squib economically for 99% of people, most of whom will just be thankful that it's not on the news all day every day.

What people might notice is that they will (for example) be able to get their kids into the nearest school, or a near future doctors appointment, IF immigration, and therefore the social infrastructure dependant population, is cut substantially. That's the sort of thing that a lot of working class people voted for but it is the one thing that I don't see happening in a meaningful way.

Yep,but maybe not in the meaningful way you thought it might not happen:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/education/brexit-exodus-of-eu-nationals-brings-sharp-drop-in-primary-school-applications-a3628126.html

Town hall chiefs issued a stark warning that if applications continued to fall head-teachers could be forced to scale back subjects, lease out classrooms, merge with other schools — or even permanently close their doors.

“An over-supply of places reduces the viability of existing schools and, in the most severe cases, could result in reduced curriculums or even the closure of some schools,” the report said.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/education/brexit-exodus-of-eu-nationals-brings-sharp-drop-in-primary-school-applications-a3628126.html

Town hall chiefs issued a stark warning that if applications continued to fall head-teachers could be forced to scale back subjects, lease out classrooms, merge with other schools — or even permanently close their doors.

“An over-supply of places reduces the viability of existing schools and, in the most severe cases, could result in reduced curriculums or even the closure of some schools,” the report said.

My heart bleeds. A 20 second check on your story shows what a nonsense it is.

Story by pro EU Evening Standard

Facts from people who have London schools

http://rrlondoncouncils-web02.rs.rroom.net/our-key-themes/children-and-young-people/education-and-school-places/do-maths-2017/shortfall

It's a pleasure :)

My heart bleeds. A 20 second check on your story shows what a nonsense it is.

Story by pro EU Evening Standard

Facts from people who have London schools

http://rrlondoncouncils-web02.rs.rroom.net/our-key-themes/children-and-young-people/education-and-school-places/do-maths-2017/shortfall

It's a pleasure :)

So we can take from this that the pro EU Standard have a big say in the production of the annual study 'Do The Math'.

The spokesman who talked about falling applications is lying.

Even when Brexiters get told about migrants leaving,they still think its 'project fear' at work.............priceless..........:hihi:

Annual study, Do The Math, found that applications were down more than three per cent from 2016/17 to 2017/18, from 103,090 to 98,972.

Councillor Peter John, deputy chair of London Councils, suggested the Brexit vote had resulted in many EU nationals deciding to leave the capital rather than educate their children here.

So we can take from this that the pro EU Standard have a big say in the production of the annual study 'Do The Math'.

The spokesman who talked about falling applications is lying.

Even when Brexiters get told about migrants leaving,they still think its 'project fear' at work.............priceless..........:hihi:

Annual study, Do The Math, found that applications were down more than three per cent from 2016/17 to 2017/18, from 103,090 to 98,972.

Councillor Peter John, deputy chair of London Councils, suggested the Brexit vote had resulted in many EU nationals deciding to leave the capital rather than educate their children here.

Suggest that he, and you, as they say, Do The Math. The data has been made available to you.

You're welcome. :)

And yet the same reports states:

"The annual report also found that more than 36,000 extra secondary school places must be created in London over the next six years to keep up with demand."

Don't forget this is about London and is not a Nationwide situation. Its mayor has also boasted that under his plans London will also see an influx of as many as another 1.5 million people.

And yet the same reports states:

"The annual report also found that more than 36,000 extra secondary school places must be created in London over the next six years to keep up with demand."

Don't forget this is about London and is not a Nationwide situation. Its mayor has also boasted that under his plans London will also see an influx of as many as another 1.5 million people.

It looks like it's not only the UK cabinet that's divided about the conseqences of Brexit then doesn't it?

---------- Post added 19-12-2017 at 16:17 ----------

Suggest that he, and you, as they say, Do The Math. The data has been made available to you.

You're welcome. :)

Nowt to do with me,I suggest as a country,the UK sorts itself out,no wonder schools are in a mess and scapegoating migrants.

scapegoating migrants.

I've no personal axe to grond in migration, but a quick check on the numbers lifted from this story works back to an extra 12k class groups. I've been generous and only assumed HALF the 700k to arrive at the 12k guesstimate. That is at least 12k classes, 12k classrooms, 12k teachers, plus TA's, admin, headteachers, etc, etc.

I hope that we'll agree that it's quite a bit of extra pressure and if you can't get your kids into the same Immingham primary school that you, your parents, and grandparents went to, you might be a bit ****** off at immigration in general regardless of the nuances.

I've no personal axe to grond in migration, but a quick check on the numbers lifted from this story works back to an extra 12k class groups. I've been generous and only assumed HALF the 700k to arrive at the 12k guesstimate. That is at least 12k classes, 12k classrooms, 12k teachers, plus TA's, admin, headteachers, etc, etc.

I hope that we'll agree that it's quite a bit of extra pressure and if you can't get your kids into the same Immingham primary school that you, your parents, and grandparents went to, you might be a bit ****** off at immigration in general regardless of the nuances.

And then Brexit happened,so these are saying that applications have fallen and are putting it down to that.