The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Nobody is bothered about your money,take the lot and go,ASAP,goodbye.

You are living in cloud cuckoo land. Tell that to the tax payers in France and Germany if you think no one cares about our money. They will be picking up the bill.

Edited by hobinfoot

Even if the UK happened to change its mind and didn't want to Brexit anymore: cancelling the UK's rebate will be right at the top of the EU27's (many) conditions for the UK to be allowed to stay in.

If we leave and want to come back, then they can impose conditions, but if we simply retract our Article 50 notice, then I don't think they can, leastwise not without a lot of legal wrangling...

You are living in cloud cuckoo land. Tell that to the tax payers in France and Germany if you think no one cares about our money. They will be picking up the bill.

Even if it were true,they will consider it money well spent to be rid of the UK.

In turn, I'll link you in on some non-secret, public domain information about the UK's trade in services, with the EU and not.

You're comparing apples and pears. That document examines trade in isolation. It's doesn't express trade as a percentage of our total economic output (GDP) which was the thrust of my argument.

Services as you know accounts for the bulk of the British economy circa 80%.

If you were to "zoom in" and examine this sector you'll find it's largely confined to our national borders. A tiny slice of total output in services is attributed to cross-border trade with the EU which is why this sector (and London) will remain largely unscathed by Brexit. I'd be far more concerned with goods & regions.

As for trade, we may have already achieved sector by sector standardisation but how does the EU ensure that we maintain those agreed standards after we leave?

Are we going to allow for EU oversight?

That'll go down well with the 'hard' Brexiteers won't it.

These will be ironed out through the negotiations. Ultimately they are political hurdles rather than technical ones.

Save for the little fact that the UK is now engaged in back-tracking from that best-access, zero state, instead of improving it still further. But well.

Re-negotiations is probably a better term. We must not forget the wider strategy of engaging with the rest of the world which is where the $$ is. There is a massive upside to all this.

I've heard this term fake new a lot. I wrote about this in 2007, and most people who read it said I was paranoid :hihi: Amazing

I'm pleased you've heard of the term, can you distinguish between primary and secondary sources? Because that is what higher education gets you.

The German motor industry will be delighted if they lost UK sales. It shouldn't be a problem for them to shift all those right hand drive cars they keep churning out. They could always start driving on the left hand side of the road, if the Aussies and Japs don't want them.

The German motor industry will be delighted if they lost UK sales. It shouldn't be a problem for them to shift all those right hand drive cars they keep churning out. They could always start driving on the left hand side of the road, if the Aussies and Japs don't want them.

Demand won't drop, Brits aren't exactly renowned for not wanting to drive German cars, the locals will just pay the extra tariffs apparently, as that is what Brexiteers like you want to achieve, isn't it?

Demand won't drop, Brits aren't exactly renowned for not wanting to drive German cars, the locals will just pay the extra tariffs apparently, as that is what Brexiteers like you want to achieve, isn't it?

Tariffs wouldn't bother me and the extra revenue would be welcome to our treasury. It wouldn't bother me, if all EU citizens currently living here were told to go back to their country of origin.

Have you ever been to a car manufacturing plant?

It's very interesting, before visiting one I had assumed that they would turn out a number of cars of exactly the same type, colour and specification and then change over to a different type and turn out a number of that model.

They don't, cars of all colours and specifications, left hand right hand varying models all go through on the same assembly line.

It won't cause any problems, especially as the Germans have the major advantage of selling up market desirable vehicles where one of the attractions to purchasers is the cachet of driving such an expensive car.

Think they'll be happy to switch to Toyota, Nissan, Vauxhall or Honda instead?