The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It could look similar to that during the transition.

Of course the transition - to please everyone - would have to offer routes both to return or to completely leave the SM and CU if that is best.

There’s really no other way through this.

Enacting a very specific version of Brexit by an extreme faction of a slavishly ideological party (for a form of Brexit that has little support) would be stupid. The reality is more time is needed to work this out.

There is no middle way further that, what the EU have just said.

Wow, and she actually said that did she? I'm not going deaf but nowhere in that link or video did I read or hear her state that.

From what I can gather she said: "The EU Withdrawal Bill brings the workers’ rights which are currently in EU law into UK law."

No, technically she just refuses to deny it from what I read.

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 10:55 ----------

This is pretty spot on for satire

http://newsthump.com/2016/07/22/brexiter-annoyed-by-people-pointing-out-that-thing-they-were-told-would-happen-is-happening/

It could just be news, or a description of this thread.

No, technically she just refuses to deny it from what I read.

But that is a completely different thing to stating "May wants to scrap the right to paid holidays."

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 10:55 ----------

This is pretty spot on for satire

http://newsthump.com/2016/07/22/brexiter-annoyed-by-people-pointing-out-that-thing-they-were-told-would-happen-is-happening/

It could just be news, or a description of this thread.

Spot on satire for the remain crowd and again shows the remainers attitude towards the leavers so it makes good reading for them. Its certainly not annoying me or I suspect the majority of those that voted leave or those on this thread.

I just can't believe how many of you apparently still haven't put him on ignore, tbh :|

Ah yes.

I revealed an inconvenient truth to you that the BBC TV licence fee was a tax on RECEIVING live television broadcasts and NOT on the ownership of a TV, as you had protested. I even showed that a link you had provided proved it was a not TV ownership tax at all, which didn't go down very well with you.

Never mind. I expect that ignorance is bliss.

But that is a completely different thing to stating "May wants to scrap the right to paid holidays."

Spot on satire for the remain crowd and again shows the remainers attitude towards the leavers so it makes good reading for them. Its certainly not annoying me or I suspect the majority of those that voted leave or those on this thread.

Perhaps you represent the leaver ostrich branch then, the kind of leaver who simply goes "lalalalala" and pretends that it isn't all falling down around our ears.

Wow, and she actually said that did she? I'm not going deaf but nowhere in that link or video did I read or hear her state that.

From what I can gather she said: "The EU Withdrawal Bill brings the workers’ rights which are currently in EU law into UK law."

I seriously doubt that workers “rights” will figure high on any Tory agenda. Surely paid holidays and maternity leave pay are brakes on capitalist profits, hence they need to be abolished. Surely getting rid of any hindrance to profits is what Boris, Murdoch, Aaron Banks campaigned for ? Well Boris did want to be PM of course, which has become problematic for him as he wanted to be seen as an honourable loser to a weekend Cameron, he never thought Leave would win

Perhaps you represent the leaver ostrich branch then, the kind of leaver who simply goes "lalalalala" and pretends that it isn't all falling down around our ears.

No those that go lalalalala are the childish ones who use the ignore button not me, seems like they are mostly remainers as well!

Maybe you should come back if or when it all comes falling round our ears, until then I am not bothered too much about the predictions of doom from the remainers on here. I've sort of come to expect that.

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 17:15 ----------

... Cameron, he never thought Leave would win

That I definitely agree with and add that the MP's in Parliament didnt either, hence the botched referendum bill.

Mind you if we had a referendum on originally joining the EEC that would have also resulted in a vote against joining, but that bit of democracy was denied us.

UK manufacturers’ total order books are now at a 30 year high, with export order books remaining at their strongest since the mid-1990s, according to the Confederation of British Industry (CBI).

The CBI warned that a UK exit from the EU would cause a "serious economic shock" (potentially costing the country £100bn and nearly one million jobs) according to a report it commissioned in 2016 setting out the economic risks of leaving the failing EU.