The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

So we get to borrow a tapestry reputedly sewn in England,and there was a suggestion this morning that we loan the French the Rosetta Stone,which belongs to Egypt,plundered by the French and taken from them after the Napoleonic wars.

What’s it all about.

There was another suggestion that we loan them Rees Mogg as something else representing a bygone age.

Well im here reptriating a buisness overseas as we speak. Eight figure turnover - medium size I guess but 20% of that every year as corporation tax now going to be going into the EU.... theres about ten jobs moving and fifteen redundant...

You know - that sort of thing. Capital flight.

It makes economies tank and crash a bit.

NIce 8 figure turn over, not so nice 15 out of work but hay i wish you well and on your way

---------- Post added 17-01-2018 at 20:09 ----------

ok then

misguided fools

better? ;)

whose the fool the person being called or the misguided fool calling?

Edited by phil752

Being one amongst a group of equals in the largest trading group in the world isn't good enough.

So instead we'll somehow be better off outside that club, with no influence on it, but whilst it still has a huge influence on us. That's idiocy.

---------- Post added 17-01-2018 at 09:00 ----------

It's perfectly reasonable for someone to challenge the basis for your opinion though. It's not undemocratic to show you how you were mislead or wrong.

If a person is allowed to vote there is nothing in the rules that says anybody has to understand every scrap of evidence to find out which way they should vote.Some people may make their mind up on just one reason,some may have voted because they are racist,others may have done it just to mess it up for the wealthy and the political elite.But the fact is that they are still entitled to vote,we cannot start having IQ tests for everybody or making sure everybody has spent six months travelling around to try and find out if the leave and the remain side were lying which i think both sides did.We cannot exclude groups for not being intelligent from having a vote,it just makes a mockery of democracy.You have a right to disagree and have an opinion but it is not fair to start hurling insults of uneducated and stupid around.That is what happened on the brexit referendum,the educated and the elite thought they could dictate to the population which way they should vote and that we should take notice of them and follow their superior knowledge.The Labour party faithful were devastated that Labour members and voters had voted leave after they had told them to vote remain.They misunderstood the voting public and were horrified to find out that the masses were starting to think and make decisions for themselves.

Edited by area 51

Not being caught up in the failure of the EU and the consequential federalisation and centralisation of power to unelected bodies, or bodies that are elected at gibbon arms length in terms of accountability and accessibility. That's been made very clear by lots of people.

By the way, I'm actually pro EU in basic principle. Just not in operation or destiny.

Thanks for your reply.

We see things differently.I have no problem with a Federation of European countries,and do not see this conflicts with the right of self government of individual countries.

My preference would be to continue to work from within this umbrella rather than cutting ourselves adrift.

To this end I would have preferred our MEPs to be actively working for the continued development towards an ideal,which begs the question what the hell was Farage doing there.

Thanks for your reply.

We see things differently.I have no problem with a Federation of European countries,and do not see this conflicts with the right of self government of individual countries.

My preference would be to continue to work from within this umbrella rather than cutting ourselves adrift.

To this end I would have preferred our MEPs to be actively working for the continued development towards an ideal,which begs the question what the hell was Farage doing there.

I think Farage has gone a long way to showing the hypocrisy of being an MEP and their inability to change anything

Thanks for your reply.

We do disagree but with respect I think you might misunderstand the meaning of federation. Individual self governing countries do not exist in a federation. The USA is a federation. Canada is a Federation. Australia is a federation. Russia is a federation. ISTR that that Brazil is a federation.

Nobody would ever call any of those federations a collection of nations. because they are all distinct and unified nations under one flag, one government, with one army, foreign policy, and all the trappings that go with a single nation. That is what federation means for the ever closer union of the EU, not what we have now.

That's not for me. If it's for you we'll have to agree to disagree.

I’ll try this one yet again.

What benefit do you Brexiters see ,or hope for in our departure from the EU?

I want to devolve power down to the lowest possible level, and make that power truly accountable to the people, thus creating a much freer society. The EU, which seeks always to centralise power and reduce accountability, is clearly incompatible with this ideal.

I hope the UK's departure from the EU will give us freedom (both economic and political) from this excessively complicated, deliberately overregulated and increasingly centralised beauracracy that is directly responsible for the growing instability and economic stagnation across much of Europe.

This supranational monster governs most aspects of the daily lives of over 508 million people spread across 28 European countries (soon to be 27). Chilling. I want to be free of it.

I want to devolve power down to the lowest possible level, and make that power truly accountable to the people, thus creating a much freer society. The EU, which seeks always to centralise power and reduce accountability, is clearly incompatible with this ideal.

I hope the UK's departure from the EU will give us freedom (both economic and political) from this excessively complicated, deliberately overregulated and increasingly centralised beauracracy that is directly responsible for the growing instability and economic stagnation across much of Europe.

This supranational monster governs most aspects of the daily lives of over 508 million people spread across 28 European countries (soon to be 27). Chilling. I want to be free of it.

Nope,it doesn't govern most aspects of the daily lives of over 508 million people spread across 28 European countries,the individual countries governments do that,primarily because they are part of the decision making process of the EU,sign treaties and agreements,agree policy etc.....individual countries people elect those governments to carry out the mandate of those governments,the people can elect an anti EU party to rule them at any election and take them out of the EU,and this doesn't even include the individual countries governments making their own laws that actually do rule the lives of 508 million,separate to any EU laws.