The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Well I like McVities digestives but the Asda ones are very nice and only about 40p.

Well I don’t like any digestive biscuits.

Aldi’s own brand chocolate hobnobs are very nice, and much cheaper than McVities.

NMW is going up in April and prices will rise but not many will be quick to blame it on the NMW but may blame it on Brexit.

Exactly,the business owner or shareholders are not going to take the hit so it will have to be passed on to the customer,but no doubts has you say,some will blame brexit.

First mention:

The size of a 500g packet of Digestives is to shrinking by 100g due to rising costs in the wake of the Brexit vote.

Second mention:

Increased costs and the falling value of Sterling have made it more expensive to bake its variety of products, Pladis added.

Third mention:

Nick Bunker, Pladis UK & Ireland Managing Director, said: “The rising cost of ingredients and changes in the exchange rates means it has become more expensive to bake our products."

Now please tell me what happened to the value of Sterling after the referendum vote?

And please tell me what effect would that have on the cost of imported goods?

And not one mention of Brexit by Nick Bunker of Pladis.:hihi:

First mention:

The size of a 500g packet of Digestives is to shrinking by 100g due to rising costs in the wake of the Brexit vote.

Second mention:

Increased costs and the falling value of Sterling have made it more expensive to bake its variety of products, Pladis added.

Third mention:

Nick Bunker, Pladis UK & Ireland Managing Director, said: “The rising cost of ingredients and changes in the exchange rates means it has become more expensive to bake our products."

Now please tell me what happened to the value of Sterling after the referendum vote?

And please tell me what effect would that have on the cost of imported goods?

Ingredients

Flour (54%) (Wheat Flour, Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin),

Vegetable Oil (Palm),

Wholemeal Wheat Flour (16%),

Partially Inverted Sugar Syrup,

Raising Agents (Sodium Bicarbonate, Malic Acid, Ammonium Bicarbonate),

Dried Skimmed Milk.

Are the digestives made in the UK, are the ingredients mainly from the UK?

Apart from the palm oil I cant see why they are importing the rest, maybe McVities should come clean and say what ingredients are actually imported to make digestives more expensive.

Edited by apelike

It's not my fault you have no understanding.

No, no, I understand perfectly.

A drop in the value of Sterling, such as the one immediately after the referendum vote, leads to higher import prices.

It’s not my fault you can’t connect the two.

Ingredients

Vegetable Oil (Palm),

Dried Skimmed Milk.

Apart from the palm oil I cant see why they are importing the rest, maybe McVities should come clean and say what ingredients are actually imported to make digestives more expensive.

Good question. Whilst I think there maybe a grain of truth in the exchange rate thing it does nobody any favours if they're just lying. Also fuel seems to be going up so that will have an effect on pricing too, regardless of where the ingredients come from.

Ingredients

Vegetable Oil (Palm),

Dried Skimmed Milk.

You're assuming the UK is self sufficient in wheat and sugar production. We're not and so import both.