The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I have great respect for those who voted remain and have now accepted the decision. Even more so when they have changed their minds and seen the light.

PS I see the £ is at $1.40. Isn't that higher than before the referendum? Lord Farage has just said so on his show....

I have great respect for those who voted remain and have now accepted the decision. Even more so when they have changed their minds and seen the light.

PS I see the £ is at $1.40. Isn't that higher than before the referendum? Lord Farage has just said so on his show....

Seen what light? The soft Brexit light?

Because that’s the one that is lit

He's no Lord. Nor will he ever be.

The pound is a smidge below its value on referendum day agianst the US dollar.

The Dishonourable Mr Farage might have forgotten to mention that the pound/euro exchange rate is still 10% lower than it was.

No. I quite clearly wrote "some degree of oversight by the EU".

Which is desirable because the EU Parliament is not under the cosh influence of the unelected (but City companies-elected, with the bigger company, the more votes) Remambrancer. Unlike the House of Commons and the House of Lords.

[amongst other reasons, all to do with strengthening overall regulation, rather than 'replacing' or 'overtaking' it, as your question posits]

That does not mean 'only the EU can effectively regulate the UK financial industry'. Under any stretches of meaning (...although, regrettably, I'm quite sure some will still understand the point that way, either for the sake of disagreeing no matter what, or because the centuries-old, insitutionalised influence of the City on the British democratic system rubs their confirmation bias too far the wrong way ;)).

Remind us again of EU Federalist In Chief Mr Macron's background?

I'll save you the bother - Investment banker with Rotschild.

Ever Closer Union

Seen what light? The soft Brexit light?

Because that’s the one that is lit

No that won't happen. If there's a sniff of it. May will be out and BoJo will be in.

He's no Lord. Nor will he ever be.

The pound is a smidge below its value on referendum day agianst the US dollar.

The Dishonourable Mr Farage might have forgotten to mention that the pound/euro exchange rate is still 10% lower than it was.

I would trust Lord Farage over you sorry. The currency is getting stronger there's no doubt about it.

Happy days. Roll on March 2019.

I would trust Lord Farage over you sorry. The currency is getting stronger there's no doubt about it.

Scrabbling back to almost where it was before this madness is a pretty weak definition of getting stronger.

Especially when it has only happened to one indicator.

You don't have to believe me though, the graphs, trends and charts are just a Google away. They still don't make for pretty reading, so I'd advise you to stick your fingers back into your ears and go "lalalalala" again, instead of seeking the truth.

Scrabbling back to almost where it was before this madness is a pretty weak definition of getting stronger.

Especially when it has only happened to one indicator.

You don't have to believe me though, the graphs, trends and charts are just a Google away. They still don't make for pretty reading, so I'd advise you to stick your fingers back into your ears and go "lalalalala" again, instead of seeking the truth.

But we haven't left yet!

Couldn't resist :D :D :D

#despitebrexit

Interesting option on the table for the EU parliament:

Brexit and Northern Ireland

Even though Brexit is to take Northern Ireland out of the EU, MEPs stress that Northern Irish citizens, under the Good Friday Agreement, also have an inherent right to Irish and therefore EU citizenship.

Looks like the way for an Irish solution might involve some sort of hybrid NI membership.

(Source)

No that won't happen. If there's a sniff of it. May will be out and BoJo will be in.

So you wouldn't believe a graph but would believe a proven <Removed> like Farage?

Oh, can I interest you in some magic beans?

Edited by nikki-red