The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Accepting the result isn't the same as saying " OK, over to you, nothing whatsoever to do with me from now on, feel free to destroy the economy and bring about the worst recession in British history ".

There's a world of difference between negotiating ourselves out of our current agreements and obligations and ending up with a situation which is manageable, as opposed to jumping off a cliff and trying to stitch a parachute together on the way down, which appears to be our current plan.

Concern is justified.

It's the entire EU project farce that's the folly. Even Mr Juncker considers it ridiculous; and so do I.
Do you consider it ridiculous for the same reasons as Mr Juncker expressed that opinion yesterday? :twisted:

Okay then, does accepting the result mean that criticism is not an option?

There's no longer any need to unquestioningly respect the result. The evidence is growing by the day that a repeat democratic exercise would deliver a different result.

You are entitled to criticise the government if you think they are not negotiating well with the EU. But not with the result of the referendum.

Actually, unless I've missed something and we are living in Orwell's dystopian world we can criticise the result of the referendum as much as we wish.

I think it was a bloody stupid decision taken by the ill informed.

Such as this clown;

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj25pDb8PLUAhWIKMAKHcMiAaoQtwIIRTAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSFjfbL1KWNI&usg=AFQjCNED8d4Y2gg4dHQVRevI_tvpttr0lw

What we can't do unfortunately is change it.

Unless of course in about eighteen months time it becomes such an obvious disaster that the government agree a deal with the EU, present it to the nation, explain precisely what the differences will be between accepting it or reversing our decision and call another referendum.

Always accepting that the EU would agree to that, we may have peed them off that much by that time that they are glad to get rid of us.