The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Just heard a report by Theo Usherwood on LBC. He mentioned plastic balls. Yes plastic balls.

Apparently we buy all of ours from Germany. They are used to make all sorts of plastic products. If the EU plays hardball and puts tariffs on goods, the tariff for this is 9%.

German companies are in a tiss about our imminent trade deal with the USA. He said when we get a deal the tariff will be a big fat zero. This would cost thousands of jobs in Germany.

The Germans aren't stupid, there will be no tariffs.... on anything.

PS Trump has said, again, he is looking forward to trading more with the UK. He hates the EU as much as any right thinking person. He'll give us a deal.

Why would the EU want to damage their own workers with tariffs? If they do then it just shows that we are much better out.

You understand that the UK declaring a universal unilateral zero tariff on imports would cause economic mayhem?

PS Trump has said, again, he is looking forward to trading more with the UK. He hates the EU as much as any right thinking person. He'll give us a deal.

Trump was so good at getting a deal that his own Government shut down earlier this week! I wouldnt put your faith in the Orange Wonder - assuming he's still around by then.

You sound like a right bitter old man blaming the EU for your lack of opportunity I'm afraid.

1. I'm not old

2. I'm not bitter.

3. I've done well.

4. Work in mid management in a responsible job.

5. I have a degree (hons)

Personal attacks are a sign of the defeated.

Just heard a report by Theo Usherwood on LBC. He mentioned plastic balls. Yes plastic balls.

Apparently we buy all of ours from Germany. They are used to make all sorts of plastic products. If the EU plays hardball and puts tariffs on goods, the tariff for this is 9%.

German companies are in a tiss about our imminent trade deal with the USA. He said when we get a deal the tariff will be a big fat zero. This would cost thousands of jobs in Germany.

The Germans aren't stupid, there will be no tariffs.... on anything.

The USA has warned in the last 48 hours that it is entering an era of protectionism.

Sure they would love to export plastic balls to us at zero tariff. But trade works two ways - what would be the reciprocal deal for U.K. exports?

1. I'm not old

2. I'm not bitter.

3. I've done well.

4. Work in mid management in a responsible job.

5. I have a degree (hons)

Personal attacks are a sign of the defeated.

I don't believe you unless I see evidence...

As for ad hominem - you lost that one when you accused me

Trump was so good at getting a deal that his own Government shut down earlier this week! I wouldnt put your faith in the Orange Wonder - assuming he's still around by then.

It did the same when Obama was President. He's doing very well. If you just took the hate from your soul and looked at things without bias.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 17:49 ----------

I don't believe you unless I see evidence...

As for ad hominem - you lost that one when you accused me

Ok then I bid you goodbye.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 17:53 ----------

The USA has warned in the last 48 hours that it is entering an era of protectionism.

Sure they would love to export plastic balls to us at zero tariff. But trade works two ways - what would be the reciprocal deal for U.K. exports?

Free trade.... you know that what everyone keeps alleging we have with the EU, but we don't really because we give them £100m a week.

I'd recommend you listen to the Nigel Farage show on LBC 10-12 Sunday mornings. He has them all on... Campbell, Adonis, Miller all them sorts, so it's not just a echo chamber...

His show 7-8 Monday to Thursdays is also good. There's more Europhile phone calls on this, which are fun. Listen and learn. You may even convert to the light side...

Edited by LowCostPoint

It did the same when Obama was President. He's doing very well. If you just took the hate from your soul and looked at things without bias.

The Democrats didn't have the control of the House of Representatives when Obama was president at that time.

Nice try though.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Trump thinks trade will increase both ways, and that is some how good for both parties.

The Democrats didn't have the control of the Senate and the House of Representatives when Obama was president.

Nice try though.

I was referring to the point that its not the end of the world. Things get back to normal. The outcome rather than the cause.

It's idiotic all this Trump hysteria. He'll be President for a few years. He's not the USA, he's the temporary leader.

Unless there are some people who want to damage our relationship with the USA because they are still sulking about his win and Brexit.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 18:15 ----------

The worms continue to turn...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-25/barclays-ceo-is-said-to-press-may-to-weigh-single-market-exit